Saw, which region?

Pug72

Been wondering which region to choose with this one.

The R1 version is out on the 15th and the R2 version is out on the 25th.

Is the R1 uncut like the R2?

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
i dont think it is but the region 1 can be brought for half the price of the region 2 so you have to decide whats more important

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Rented the R1 last night. Thought it was very good. Something different. Reminded me of Seven (perhaps not quite as good though - found Gary Elwes a bit weak). And what sound !! I had to switch the sound over to DD 5.1 after watching the 1st 20mins in DTS 6.1 - it would have scared the neighbours.

E

edinburgh160

I saw this at the cinema, and thought it was brilliant.
From reading up about the 2 versions, I think I'll go for the R2 PAL.
Great film

Fatti

Pug72 said:
Cheers Fatti.
No problem. Personally, I plumped for the R2 uncut version as it's....uncut. However, the DTS on the R1 would be nice and the cover on the R1 is better (sad I know). :suicide:

Marc

Distinguished Member
i went for the R1 months ago as it cost £7 from DVDSoon, i would prefer the uncut version, but it's only 8 seconds so i think i can live with it! Plus the US version has lots more extras and DTS sound, oh and a nice looking custom case, which may well just be an amaray with no paper inside it ;)

slowen

Banned
does anyone know what extra footage the R2 contains as the above link just says it's uncut. I presume it's just longer gorier scenes?

Fatti

IMDB's trivia section for this states:
Shots cut in the R-rated version, according to director James Wan and screen-writer/actor Leigh Whannell, included ones of Amanda sifting through the intestines, the fat guy struggle through the barb wire just to shorten the scene, and some forensic ones. The color was made more even and the sound was altered because the MPAA had problems with the tone of the original cut shown in Sundance.

stevefish69

Anyone know the cheapest place to find the R1 disc? :lease:

stevefish69

Bargain.....Nice one, mine's on order. :smashin:

lovemovies

Pal DVD's run faster than NTSC DVD's. So you can have a PAL disc which has a few more minutes of footage, but still have almost the same running time as an NTSC one.

captaineyecatch

lovemovies said:
Pal DVD's run faster than NTSC DVD's. So you can have a PAL disc which has a few more minutes of footage, but still have almost the same running time as an NTSC one.
Yes i know that but that still doesnt explain why the MPAA cut 2mins from the USA (which is in NTSC) version yet our UK 'Uncut version' (Pal)only runs 9 seconds longer than the R rated UK version(Pal) ??
Has anyone done a scene comparison of the 2 UK releases ??

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom