saw special offer@ hificomponents.de

N

notimeleft

1 * Videoprojector Sony VPL-HS10 EUR 3099,00; 24 month manufacturer warranty; 7 days delivery time.
Shipping costs to Great Britain by UPS are EUR 26,20 + EUR 6,00 transport insurance

Cost including shipping and insurance
EUR 3131

and as I saw on other forum here that import tax on LCD projectors is 0%

According to hificomponents.de the price includes German VAT @ 16% i imagine this can be reclaimed after paying the UK VAT @ 17.5%

Leaving a grand Total of
Pj incl Deliv, Ins= £1,978
Import = +£0
UK Vat = +£346
Ger Vat = - £316

Total £2,008

Is this the best price ?, I really want the sony for a HTPC .

I think as it is within the EU you would pay the German VAT and not bother with the UK VAT. As it's in the EU you pay taxes in country or origin.

Still a really cracking price but I could sware I have seen a thread with it for under £2000 now if only I could find it.

The 24 month euro warranty is also very good as you can take it to any Sony dealer in the UK to get it looked at.

I got the idea of the VAT from another post

nigel
Member LV426

....but don't forget that, irrespective of the rate of duty, VAT WILL be applied to your import at the prevailing rate - currently 17.5% in the UK, differs in other EU states.

I think after a bit of googling that you can only reclaim VAT if you collect it and are not paying or being paid for its transportation.

think i'll wait to see what the price balances to and work out if a day trip to Munich is worth it. Their uk arm go2camcorder.co.uk will prob end up same as my complex method although it could be fun flying out there.

I have imported a fair amount from within the EU. Tax has always been levied in the country of origin, not at the UK end. :)

This company advertise items as in stock when they are not
I have had bad service in the past they do not take credit cards you have to pay up front then wait &wait & wait to be told next week or week 16 or the payment has not arrived when you know that it has
it took 3 months to get my money back from them cheep prices yes but you pay for it
P@ :eek: :(

If you buy the goods in the EU, then you pay the VAT rate of the country you buy the goods in.

Why you think i pop over to the UK to buy goods!!

VAT in Ireland is 21%!!

Originally posted by DJWillis
The 24 month euro warranty is also very good as you can take it to any Sony dealer in the UK to get it looked at.

Yes, but whether that dealer will be interested in picking up your problem is hit or miss.
Sony dealers are not obligated to handle your complaint, they may do so, but be prepared to return your PJ to original supplier.
Sony Centres and Sony U.K. are not that interested either, but you may be lucky.

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
Yes, but whether that dealer will be interested in picking up your problem is hit or miss.
Sony dealers are not obligated to handle your complaint, they may do so, but be prepared to return your PJ to original supplier.
Sony Centres and Sony U.K. are not that interested either, but you may be lucky.

Yes they are.

Under EU legislation, the warranty on ANY item purchased in the EU, originally deemed for the EU market, must be honoured.

I'm not warranting buying from Germany (& certainly not THAT company - I've dealt with them), but warranty SHOULD NOT be an issue.

Why do you think we (Irish) just ratified the Nice treaty?

So we could source cheaper AV components in Europe :p

Originally posted by Kramer
Yes they are.
Under EU legislation, the warranty on ANY item purchased in the EU, originally deemed for the EU market, must be honoured.
I'm not warranting buying from Germany (& certainly not THAT company - I've dealt with them), but warranty SHOULD NOT be an issue.

Kramer,
I'm totally with you, but it can be difficult to obtain service sometimes in practice. Many Sony dealers for instance have recently signed new contracts specifically removing their obligation to offer service to people who have not bought Sony items at their store. ( I believe aimed more at mail order buyers than non-U.K. shoppers ).
They genuinely don't have to.
Denon U.K. ( Hayden Labs ) too, are difficult to deal with sometimes on U.K. supplied items, let alone say DVD players bought in say, Germany.
I totally agree your facts are correct and everyone can see the price differences... :cool:

come on guys get back on the thread, hi-fi de good prices and all that, yes we are in europe full stop

Originally posted by Kramer

er.....no it wasn't!!

It was to agree to accept new Eastern European countries into the EU. Hence allowing people to work over here, and people from the existing EU countries to work in Eastern Europe, if they so desire to.

Originally posted by mjn
It was to agree to accept new Eastern European countries into the EU. Hence allowing people to work over here, and people from the existing EU countries to work in Eastern Europe, if they so desire to.

OMG :eek:

I've been duped :mad:

The guy who "canvassed" my front door said I'd get loads of good AV gear cheaper if I voted yes :D

BTW, I think you'll find many Eastern Europeans working here already - fairly simplistic explanation of the treaty you've given there, & flawed :p

At least my comment was AV related :p

Now where's that TD's address. I'll give it to him - telling porky pies again, ah, yes, here it is......Mr. Ray Burke..............:D

Sorry mods, OT, but I had to reply!

the countries also get their hands on EU cash, like Ireland has to help rebuild their roads.....mind you i don't know where that money went?!?!

Plus there is not many eastern europeans working over here.....far more asian/chinese/malyasians/japanese

Getting the thread back on topic. I bought my Sony 10ht from Hificomponents.com no dramas. Even if I had had to wait I wouldn't have minded given the significant savings I made 5,400euros vs. 7,200euros (two 1/2 years ago). I haven't found anyone else that offers better prices. Their prices are generally as good as you find in the US which is saying something.

With regard to warranties I'm pretty sure that EU law superceeds any restrictions the manufacturer may try and impose.

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom