Saw R2 - Uncut Version?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Fatti, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I've just noticed over at Play that they are now listing two versions of Saw - the standard R2 and an uncut version.

I thought the normal R2 version was already going to be uncut. Anyone know how more uncut this uncut version can be :confused:. There's no running times in either of the technical details so can't compare there.

2. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,376
    I think this was one of the worst films I saw in 2004, so any uncut version would be torture imho:)

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,555
    According to the BBFC website, the Uncut version is 1 hour 39 minutes and 4 seconds in length and the standard release is 1 hour 38 minutes and 56 seconds so thats a total of 8 seconds of extra footage in the Uncut version.

5. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Hi Mat,

You didn't like Saw? I have just ordered it from Movietyme and will cancel if it is truly bad. What was wrong with it?

Russell

6. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    Apparently the theatrical version of the movie in America was cut in several places as it was deemed too gory, and there's still no word as to whether the dvd is cut or not over there. In the UK, saw was supposed to have been uncut right from the word go, so perhaps the normal version is the same as the US theatrical version, and the uncut one is the same as the UK theatrical version. Seems slightly pointless releasing both over here though, especially if indy is right and one is only 8 seconds longer than the other!! I've ordered the US one from dvdsoon, which has cost me £7 approx, so i think i can live with a few cuts for that price.