1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw a 32" Hitachi in action.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by raven219, May 12, 2003.

1. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Had a quick look at the Hitachi CL32PD3000 over the weekend. The shop had it showing the football on Sky. The picture was not that great (espically compared to the CRTs) but then I learnt that they had wired it via a composite lead. Mind you when he changed it over to Kiss (or some dance music channel) the picture was stunning.

Q - Because the hitachi has the media box, would one of those infamous RGB to VGA convertors still do the business?

Cheers

Raven

2. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    The Hitachi CL32/42PD3000 are both supplied with a AV media box with 3 scarts (2 RGB), component, S video and PC inputs so most equipment can be connected directly. The PQ is excellent.

You cannot use a RGB to VGA convertor as the input accepts a minimum input frequency of 24KHz

3. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    So that means that any Sky connections would have to be done with a RGB Scart then? I had read that people had got a better picture on plasmas by using the RGB to VGA gubbins.

Raven

4. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    The main purpose for the convertors is to allow coonections between AV equipment with RGB scart outputs and screens and projectors with incompatable inputs like PC style RGB and component inputs.

You could buy a RGB to Component convertor but I would doubt you would do much to improve Sky's picture quality over the direct connection which on my screen is excellent given the variable output of digital satelite channels. Perhaps an expert could comment?