1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving streaming movie trailers to hard drive?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by castle, Jan 30, 2003.

1. castle

castle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone know how to do this?

I know it can be done with Quicktime downloads from apple.com, but I don't know how.

Anyone?

Whilst we're on the subject, why is it a good idea to make a movie trailer not downloadable? Common sence dictates that the more people who see it, the more interest will be generated and bump up that opening weekend gross.

I know I d/l the 'Fellowship' trailer and showed it to everyone who would look. Needless to say, 'everyone' was mightily impressed.

Regards

2. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know why they insist on streaming trailers to us, it's a bl**dy stupid idea. Some sites have started hiding away 'download this' buttons. I just let it stream through then grab it from my temp internet files.

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With Quicktime you have to puchase the pro edition to save trailers to disk, then when you have watched the trailer you right click on it and you are given the option of saving it. I have about 500Mb worth of trailers, don't ask me why because even I don't know :rolleyes:

In my defense I got QT Pro for free after purchasing some Apple hardware :cool:

4. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As alextgreen says, you can generally find the trailer (.mov file) in your temporary internet files. I did this the other day with the new Matrix trailer (24MB!).

I may be wrong, but are Quicktime files actually streamed in the same way as Realplayer? It seems to me that it's just downloaded, but can start playing before you get it all. At some point you will have the whole file.

I agree that they should be encouraging you to download. Then you can pass them on to others who lack fast internet.

5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Correct steev, QT trailers are not streamed but people on broadband can be mistaken for thinking they are if they click the 56K trailer as it plays straight away.