1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving Settings on a 36ZP48

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Igwiz, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Igwiz

Igwiz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly, Great TV!

Secondly, the tele doesn;t seem to remember settings between the various inputs. eg I set EXT4 to progressive input and then EXT1 default to prog as well. Is there something I need to do to preserve the settings? Also, how do you change the settings of the default picture modes?

Many thanks,

Ig

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you can store those settings. If you want the TV to go to progressive and the program is not in progressive format then you have to set this manually. My 51WH36 is the same so this is not a problem.

3. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I thought you couldn't change the scanning mode for EXT4. I connected my DVD player via component to EXT 4 and I'm pretty sure that the option to change between 'Progressive', 'Natural', '100htz' etc disappeared from the menu options. I thought that EXT4 was 'hard wired' to progressive - so when you changed the mode to progressive you were changing it for EXT1 and not EXT4.

Thinking about it, I don't really understand the setup on this TV. Why does it give you an option to change the scanning mode to 'progressive' for EXT1 when this only has a SCART which can't do progressive ?

4. ShaunGibbs

ShaunGibbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This the way I understand it:-

Ext 4 - Component Input - You can't change the scanning. You need to use a Progressive scan dvd player with component outputs to give you the best quality.

Ext 1/2 etc... you can set scanning to progressive. The TV actually de-interlaces the picture by itself. I have Sky digital plugged into this via scart and it looks cool. The other modes i.e. Natural, 100hz are Interlaced and you will notice the scan lines. So yes even though the source is via scart and Interlaced, the TV sorts this for you by converting to progressive. That's why this is such a cool TV! Hope this clarifies.

Regards
    Shaun

5. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was referring to the SCART inputs in my text in case that wasn't clear...EXT 4 is a different aninmal. However, through SCART my TV does auto detect and changes to progressive on DVD's that are mastered in progressive (NTSC disks for example), and it blocks off any choice to change out of progressive mode in the menu, so SCART does indeed support progressive which I wasn't aware of.

6. Igwiz

Igwiz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think I chose a bad example by picking the EXT4. Here's another one: On terrestrial TV let's say I choose Natural. If I then choose Active on EXT1, all "non hard-wired" ports change to Active. Is that how it is meant to be?

Also, any views on the point re setting the various picture modes?

Thanks.

Ig