Saving Private Ryan (1998) (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 16/08/2021

SPR.jpg

Attachments

• SPR (inside).jpg
    SPR (inside).jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 101
  • SPR (back).jpg
    SPR (back).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Being an ammo box at least there's some sense with it I suppose... unlike still persisting with the same 7.62mm gaffe years later! Assume like with WotW it won't have original treatment either.

So this is the same steelbook as the one from Play.com just with two discs instead of one.

So this is the same steelbook as the one from Play.com just with two discs instead of one.

Similar but different.
Original release had a different inside i think,
treatment is also a question mark as previous release was glossy and debossed?
Time will tell.

Paramount used to be on top with treatment but lately, they tend to cheap them out too.
War of the W... which was embossed and gloss is now flat and matte so don't expect too much for this one imo.

Similar but different.
Original release had a different inside i think,
treatment is also a question mark as previous release was glossy and debossed?
Time will tell.

Paramount used to be on top with treatment but lately, they tend to cheap them out too.
War of the W... which was embossed and gloss is now flat and matte so don't expect too much for this one imo.

Same inside, it was the US releases that have different inside to us. I think the front middle was debossed slightly with the image spot glossed and the rest matte.

Same inside, it was the US releases that have different inside to us. I think the front middle was debossed slightly with the image spot glossed and the rest matte.

Is this the third similar steelbook release or second? Worldwide i mean...
I admit i lost count on this one :blush:

Is this the third similar steelbook release or second? Worldwide i mean...
I admit i lost count on this one :blush:

Well this is the 2nd here, the US had the same in 2018 and last year with 4K disc, I'm sure there's probably others without looking it up further! :laugh:

I do remember a different US version before that and of course that HD Zeta one was quite nice, but yeah mostly they seem stuck on the same design!

Yeh was thinking that earlier. I have a non slip US copy so would be open to a Steelbook of this (ultimately only want slips or Steelbooks in my collection :D:blush:

I just find this design a bit boring though. Hasn’t changed for like a decade now.

Checked my play version. Same art inside and out. Image is gloss and the rest is matte. There is no debossing.

Despite doubts this does indeed have the same glossed image as the original :)

My copy arrived yesterday along with Forrest Gump, much to my surprise as I never received a dispatch email for either from Zavvi!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom