Saving Private Ryan R2 2-disc DTS edition £2.95 @ Woolies in-store

enajh2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bit late now but my parents local Woolworths, Banstead in Surrey, had this for £2.95!! :eek:

Was the only copy left that my Mum spotted hiding when we were birthday shopping for me early last week.

Maybe I was just lucky to catch a local price reduction or a mistake even but thought ppl might appreciate a heads up on this if you want to check your local stores.

The single-disc edition is £4.99 on their website.

Regards,

Alan

Did this scan at £2.95?

The two disk is the new release, so like the Alien Quad mis-price :smoke: :D there should be plenty in!

It scans at £3.99 which is the same price as the original 1 disc edition (which must be a nationwide error) . £2.95 must have been a store mis-price.

It had one of their red price reduction stickers on the front. £3.99 down to £2.95. I dug the receipt out!! :p

Still at £3.99 for a 2 disc DVD like SPR who's complaining!! :clap:

Alan

Could anyone pick me a couple(2) of these up if their local woolies has them in...would be extremely grateful and reimburse cost plus a couple of quid extra? ;)

I haven't seen this at any Woollies for this price.

My wollies has sold no suprise there If any one can get me a copy at this price and a bit of profit but not too much I can pay by nochex paypal

just in case some finds a copy thanx in advance

PM me

I've checked out 3 Woolworths shops and can't find this DVD in any of them. Shame about that.

may check and upgrade my 1 disc reg 1 dts disc now.

for £3.99, would be rude not to. then again, my local won;t have any!

enajh2 - Thanks for the heads up on this! I tried all my local stores which didn't have any and kept checking over the last month.

However today I was in Stratford and thought I'd check out their local Woolies. Low and behold they had 1 copy left. Saving Private Ryan DTS for £3.99. Excellent! :clap:

Thanks again.

I just thought I'd pass by my local store, having already checked it now and again in the pass couple of months only to return with disappointment, but :clap: today, there it was in front of me!:) - at £3.99. The outer box was slightly damaged where it needs to be glued back together again but that's no concern at this price.

Even the girl at the counter was surprised at the price.

So there is still hope for others.....happy hunting.

I managed to get a copy from my local Woolies - have looked there in the past without much success.

However went in yesterday and there were a few copies hidden behind other DVDS - perfect condition

Thanks for posting again,I am in Treherbert so when the boss wants to go to ASDA I will pop in , thanks again.

Originally posted by Tesla
Its £9.99 in mine :(

\\Chris

Get them to check the price on the till, should stiill be £3.99.

The one I bought was labelled as £3.99.

Which version are we referring to.

The one which is £9.99 in my store says 5 academy oscars or somesort of award along the top of the front cover.

\\Chris

The standard version in amaray is £9.99 and part of the buy 2 for £15 promotion, but the superior DTS version in cardboard digipack is £3.99.

amaray? sorry but what is this?

I couldn't find any other versions in my local woolies.

\\Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom