1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving for new set,any advice?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by TankTopLover, Aug 30, 2005.

1. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I am currently saving for an LCD Tv,i decided on LCD over plasma due to burn in issues.I will be using the set with a progressive scan dvd player and the Xbox360.

I was looking at the Samsung LE32R41B but am put off by tearing issues amongst others.This will be me my 1st venture into non standard tvs,i heard SOny are very good and that the wega engine is impressive?

I should also mention that a large amount of the sets use will be watching Sky Digital,i have read that the pq is crappy when viewed on an lcd/plasma tv? Is there any sets that have good image quality for all my needs ?

I will have around £1000-£1,500 tops.
    EDIT:
    would i be better off holding back until next years models?

2. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
  3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    It might be best if you spent some time reading current threads to save another one with the same rhetoric being trotted out once again.
    I know it's a pain in the arse having to do it, but it's called research, something we've all done no matter what the intended purchase happens to be.
    If you see something during the course of read various threads, just ask in them, if relevent of course to the topic, and it'll be answered soon enough.

Using both items mentioned above, might mean you need to consider a panel with 2 component inputs, or buy a component switcher device - either that or swap the cables out each time you want to use one or other.
    If the TV has VGA input, then 360 with VGA cable will do the trick, but you might be limited to a fixed 4:3 aspect on that one. See discussions in Xbox forum for more info.