Saves for Disk and PSN version of Infamous not compatible

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
Last year I bought Infamous but didn't play it much, but still have the saves.. However they are only on the "cloud" as I have upgraded my HD and never re-downloaded them.

This week I bought the PSN version as its on special for £15.99, which is about the same as I could sell the disk for and I assumed there was no down side.. But when I went to download the saves from the cloud, it says that I do not have the application installed. So I am forced to start again.. Luckily I have only done 10% so its not the end of the world.. But its not great if this happens on other games that I decide to "upgdade" to PSN versions.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it only Infamous? Or are there other examples of this? I know that Killzone is OK as I went from the disk based version to the PSN and the saves were compatible.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jon

Last edited:
Hasn't this always been the case? I owned Burnout Paradise on the PS3 and gave it away when it was free on PS+, only to find the save wasn't compatible. Bit annoying as I'd unlocked everything.

The only game I'd seen this on previously was Saints Row III which was incompatible between regular version and GOTY version :confused:

had this with dead space 3 on ps3, the playstation plus version is is called dead space 3 HDD and as such it save games are not recognized by the disc version of the game

Just to say I tried this with Last of Us and it worked fine.

Had disc, bought digital, continued from where i was on the disc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom