Save Me (SKY) 2018

Downloaded all 6 episodes yesterday and ended up watching 3 last night. I enjoyed it that much I would have watched all 6 if it hadn't been so late at night.

Good to see Ade back.

Good to see Ade back.
Playing another "nice-guy" role, too.... ;)

We've watched all 6 episodes now
Slightly disappointed at the end, but clearly left open for season 2

Binged all 6 episodes, great show but so dissapointed with the ending.

Just finished watching the last 3 episodes. That was intense. Great show, fantastic cast and acting. I hardly recognised Ade.

Lennie has said there will be a season 2, I have only watched 4 eps so far so that kind of gives away the ending, a little.

You wot, you wot, you wot. That ringtone is ridiculous.

Watched four episodes now and it's bugging me that I cannot spot Ade, I've decided it must be the man who howls like a dog every night at dusk :confused:. It took me long enough to work out who Jason Flemyng was playing, can someone put me out of my misery please?

Good program BTW, highly recommended.

Watched four episodes now and it's bugging me that I cannot spot Ade, I've decided it must be the man who howls like a dog every night at dusk :confused:. It took me long enough to work out who Jason Flemyng was playing, can someone put me out of my misery please?

Good program BTW, highly recommended.
Just keep watching, you will eventually notice him.

Watched the 1st episode and enjoyed it. Will try and watch the rest this week.

Little disappointed now that I've read there will be a Season 2. Was hoping for a solid, yet complete story with this one.

I liked the ad for it on the front menu of Sky HD. "Save Me From The Makers Of Strike Back".

Did anyone notice in Ep. 2 when it did the recap of Ep.1, it included a scene that wasn't actually in the 1st episode?

When
Nelly approaches Daryl after taking the photograph from the fence.

It drives me nuts when shows do that!!

Decent series but
what the heck was the last episode all about ? So full of ridiculous happenings it spoiled the series. Only having £12k , not involve no police, why couldn’t she sell that fancy Range Rover if desperate for cash ? And as for the story of the teenager coming out with the address whilst she was on top of him was ridiculous. Also why would the girl he found be in a place with nobody present ? Just seemed a very lazy ending as a whole when it promised so much

I agree @featherhall, it seems that

The end was rushed to allow a series 2.

Theres no way you'd go there with only 12k.

I think with the girl being there on her own that's because they didn't think anyone would know where they were being kept.

The ending let it down for me and I binged all 6 episodes

It is all over the place with good and bad touches. Lenny is very watchable though but has a habit of starring in British things in which he over geezers' it and has Eastender like setups. But the idea that
an entire estate would leave Melon the paedo alone but have A hole brats pick on Melly was insane.
You could assume the 12K was all Claire could get as her husband had paid off the money and her car was a lease. It was obvious it wouldn't be enough though. The lone girl could also be taken to have been abandoned after Melon had his melt down in the club. And the lad was clearly sexually naive, frightened of a controlling woman in the flesh, so's to speak, and Claire saw this and humiliated him into telling to get her away. Several of the bar scenes were utter poop though.
Series two has me doubting where it can go without Melly et al. all appearing like budget super mockney characters.

Yeah 3 episodes in and this isn't that great. Pretty muddled at times, and confusing ways of moving the plot forward, that don't make any sense.

I'll see it out of course, but not feeling right now like I'd watch another season of it.

In 2 minds with this one. I thought he was great in line of duty but the reviews are putting me off a bit.

Finally got through this, nothing from this first season would make consider watching the follow up which is a shame because of the quality of the cast.
I also thought it was not a six episode series it felt dragged out with a lot of filler and could have been done in a couple of episodes.

Well that was a real letdown, and it's unlikely I'll be tuning into a Season 2. An absolute mess of a final episode, clearly rewritten so there remains a prospect of another run. There's no way that could have been Lennie James' original plan for the finale.

Too many loose ends and too many ridiculous decisions from characters.

Not one I'll be recommending.

Agree ... the last episode was a big let down.

I really enjoyed 1 to 3

it then felt padded and slow 4 & 5

6 was as noted all over the place.

Agree - started well but ended up a mess, apparently aimed at securing a second series.

Not sure Nellie was likeable enough to get me tuning into another six episodes.

I really liked all of it overall - apart from some occasional dodgy convenience and character decisions at times. I thought the ending (right at the end not the reveal which was a bit daft) was spot on and worked really well.

Cast was brilliant. It was a brave move to make Nellie unlikeable but it worked. Lennie James is always good, even in the borefest Walking Dead. The legend Stephen Graham was great as always and his character was even worse! The woman with the broken toilet was one of the only likeable people in it. Good to see Jason Flemyng. Everyone was good!

Thankfully I only found out about a series 2 after watching it all - not necessary, this works as a self contained piece.

Season 2 has been officially confirmed now by Sky.

I won't be tuning in anyway unless it gets a very good write-up afterward. But obviously a long way off yet, unless Lennie has already written it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom