1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Savastore feedback?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by alex69, May 21, 2005.

1. alex69

alex69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

I am looking for feedback on Savastore, in terms of accuracy of stock, handling of returns, etc. This will be no doubt be useful as a future reference too. Many thanks.

2. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Savastore is the new name of 'Watford Electronics'. I've dealt with them a few times in the past and they've been OK. I have not had any problems as such. However I did have an incident with them which left me very annoyed, but that's nothing to do with Faulty/Returns or accuracy of website information.

They have a shop front in Luton, so if you're anywhere near Bedfordshire, you could easilly go and have a look there.

Ben

3. sinan

sinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a bad experience with Savastore. I bought a 19" monitor, soon after I received it I noticed it was faulty. I tried to call customer service for three succesive days, but I got no reply. I emailed them five times within one week, again no reply. I complained in writing.....again no reply. It seems they dont have customer service, and they are not intreseted in after sale service. My advice to you do not by from them, if you have a problem with the good, then you are on your own. Check this site which confirm my bad experience with Savastore.
    http://www.stormloader.com/users/abrax7/watford.htm[/URL]
    http://www.stormloader.com/users/abrax7/watford.htm

4. ArNx

ArNx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sinan
    i agree.
    it was a real nightmare for me too:suicide: :nono:

5. T0rNaDo

T0rNaDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546
    when ever i see someone talk about savastore.

i always see bad comments....

why i stayed well clear from buying from them.

6. normski205

normski205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I bought a Sharp LCD TV from them a while back which was unfortunately faulty. The service from their sales team was excellent and there website stock levels were spot on, but there customer service after I had made the purchase was woeful. Took forever to get a reply and I could have got more sense out of a robot running on a ZX81.

I won't ever use them again unless they are 20% cheaper than elsewhere!

7. Alyson

Alyson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    A few years back I bought some computer parts from Savastore: a "motherboard pack", which was a pre-assembled motherboard with CPU, HSF, and memory already fitted. They sent the wrong CPU -- an Athlon XP1800 instead of an XP2400 -- and the parts were shipped loose, without proper packaging or manuals, and weeks late.

As it happens I was able to put them together just fine, but they never refunded any money to me and would not respond to my requests for a replacement CPU.

Avoid.

8. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    I bought our samsung le32 and a dvd recorder from them just before Christmas in the full knowledge of some of the feed back here, this was for two reasons.

When spending £1100 I like to collect it rather than have the monkeys throw it arround for a bit in the couriers van. Secondly they were nice and local, so if I had a problem I could take it back rather than try to contact them via the telephone or email.

Although it was busy when I went to collect it (1 week before christmas!) I was impressed that when it came out on their convery belt nothing was put on top of the screen at all, even while it sat there for a few minutes. Then guy help carry it out to the car for me.

If you are local then I would say trust them, personally I don't spending that sort of money and not being able to collect or talk to someone face to face.

9. mbscad

mbscad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Savastore (a division of Watford Electronics Ltd), I have to add another tick in the avoid column.
    I bought a Tagan PSU from them and made two mistakes:-
    firstly the website comes up with a "next day delivery" surcharge which I thought oh good I will get my goods next day--wrong and they wouldn't entertain a claim for a refund of the surcharge (money for old rope). So untick that if you use their website.
    Secondly, when the PSU arrived it wouldn't power up my new motherboard so I spent a small fortune replacing bits (CPU, Graphics card, Motherboard) to find out it was the wretched PSU!
    Now they won't acknowledge emails or customer feedback and they have the cheek to ask for a mandate to charge your credit card with a further £10 if they find nothing wrong!

My advice, for your own peace of mind is to deal with a reputable supplier with good customer feedback about returns handling.

There's no fool like an old fool....

Mbscad

10. mpn

mpn
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    I had no probs with them..... orderd on a tues and took delivery of a sharp 32"aquos on the thur. No probs for me.

11. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Been using them for a few years, just a few purchases per year. Mainly hard drives. Only had a problem with one drive a couple of years back, replaced quickly, emails replied to etc..

12. Prof

Prof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Savastore ? Probably OK if your purchase doesn`t develop a fault, or you don`t require some aftersales service. After my recent experience with them, I would avoid at all costs. Their communication with me was useless when my TV developed a fault. They kept saying they would get things sorted and call me, but hardly ever did. In the end they refunded my credit card, but didn`t bother to inform me that they had done so !!!!!