Saturn Keyboard - funny quirk!

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by doac00, Aug 14, 2006.

1. doac00

doac00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Folks,

Wondering if anybody has experienced this and can help.

I have the excellent Saturn keyboard - I cannot emphasis how good this keyboard is for a HTPC build.

Anyway when I bring the HTPC out of standby and when it prompts for password to get into OS - I can readily use the keyboard mouse to point to the account and use the keyboard to enter the password BUT the password is always wrong so I can only assume the keyboard wakes up in the incorrect language or something (which I of couse cannot see or tell) - if I restart the HTPC is all comes back up and works fine - however I would prefert o standby the device not shut it down every time.

Any ideas, anyone?

2. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    In the power settings remove the tick from 'request password when resuming from standby'

3. doac00

doac00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks - nice one - that would be perfect - can you set up the machine on power up to automatically come up with Media Centre without having to log onto the OS at all????

I have no need for this.

4. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Yes, there is a setting within MCE to start up automatically with windows.

5. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    You can use TweakUI to have Autologon at boot time too.

BTW My Saturn keyboard seems to eat batteries compared to other wireless keyboard/mouse combos which typically last 6 months or more whereas the Saturn lasts a couple of weeks. Is this normal?

6. nudge

nudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    mine eats batteries too. i use mine very little and always turn the off switch 'off' when i have finished with it. i am not convinced it turns everything off internally though as i have had two sets of batteries go flat when left in the keyboard for a fortnight unused. have gotten so fed up with putting new batteries in it i now take them out everytime i am finished with using it and pop them back in when i need to use it again. apart from that though it's a great little keyboard.

7. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    Thanks for that. I hadn't noticed that there was a little on/off switch. I will give it a try & see if it improves my battery life. I have got a bunch of rechargeable batteries so they are probably a better option.

I guess battery consumption is a problem or there wouldn't be an on/off switch. The Microsoft wireless keyboard that I am typng this on hasn't had new batteries since I got it 9 months ago & it has no on/off switch.