1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sattellites Missing

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jshaw_82, Sep 2, 2005.

1. jshaw_82

jshaw_82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just installed a 80cm Dish, motor, and Digital Sattelite reciever.
    I can get Astra 28, Astra 19 and Hotbird 13, each sattelite signal level is about 75% and the signal strength is 65-70%. The reciever is preprogrammed with several sattelites however when i go to them the signal quality stays the same, but no signal level, I have tried rotating manually, however still get nothing.

Sattelites i am missing is Arabsat, Eutelsat II F3, Etelsat II F4, Sirius, Hipasat, amongst others. Anyone got any ideas how to get them or does it mean altering the Vertical Position of the dish...

2. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If memory serves correct, you may need an H to H mount as well, this is horizon to horizon mount, and I think it elevates your dish somewhat. Think of it like a half circle. The sattelite you mention are the easiest received in this country.

If you really want to receive a wide range of sattelites, A bigger dish with a good quality LNB is required.

Some receivers may give you the option to automatically scan, but this takes the receiver a long time.

What Satellite Magazine gives detailed info on Sat positions each month.

3. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    There are limits as to what an 80cm dish will receive. You dish, even if set up correctly, will not be capable of picking up all the satellites, and a vast majority, are beyond the signal gain of a relatively small dish.

4. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi, sorry for butting in on the thread, but I have also just got myself an 80cm dish. I've managed to get ASTRA with a quick install/test. And had a watch of some HDTV, very nice. I am using a satellite card on my PC. Could you recommend any other satellites I would be able to get a signal from with decent channels.

Are there any websites that list the satellites, the requirements to receive them and the direction.

Thanks.