1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satnav for BMW 5 series (E39)

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by FaxFan2002, Aug 17, 2005.

1. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Hi,

I have 5 series E39 ('02) with the standard radio / tape(!!) combo. I want, ideally, to replace the entire facia with the screen (fold out of static) with a minimum of satnav. Anyone got any ideas what I could use (links would be nice as well).

Thanks.

2. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on your budget, you can buy cheap motorised screens off ebay and add a GPS system or go the whole hog and get something like the Alpine IVA D310.

I have an Alpine IVAD300r with an Alpine DVD GPS system, quite expensive but fantastic once you add rear headrest screens, PS2 and DVB-T.

3. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    If you check on some of the more estabilished BMW forums, you'll find that if you manage to get hold of the original Beemer sat nav unit, it will be quite a complex install to complete, even though it was designed for the car in the first place. There is an amazing amount of electrical wiring in the way of looms to contend with, & the associated modules, aerials etc, are hidden all around the deepest recesses of the car.

Rgds

Jerry

4. DaveA

DaveA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.bmw5.co.uk - Search the E39 and Tech talk sections of the forum. Lots of knowledgable peeps.