Satisfaction channel XXX with sky dish..

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jonnyv, Jun 2, 2003.

1. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Just bought satellite tv europe listings magazine and i saw a few adverts about receiving the satisfaction xxx channel using your sky dish and a new receiver, cost £299-£349 inc 12 months subscription to the channel.

Can anyone advise me on this, ive spoken to a guy on the phone who tells me its simple to do, just hook up the input to the new receiver box and use a 'loop through' cable to the sky box.

Thanks

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    As I understand it setting up the new receiver with your existing setup is easy but Satisfaction is broadcast using the S2 beam which does not carry any channels officially linked with SKY.
    You may find that your existing dish can not pull in a strong enough signal from that satellite to generate an acceptable picture and the only option would be to increase the dish size or switch to a system with two LNB's, one for SKY and the other for Hotbird which carries similar channels to Satisfaction.

3. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks for the reply starburst, as i understand it , satisfaction is broadcast from hotbird and astra 2 .

Its all greek to me ! I only know about sky digital

4. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Satisfaction is broadcast from a number of satellites and transponders for reception over Europe.
    Eurobird 1 is the satellite you would be attempting to access with your existing setup. There are a number of channels both FTA and subscription that you are receiving right now from that satellite but not every transponder on the satellite is suitable for UK reception with a SKY minidish aligned on the ASTRA satllites at 28.2 degrees.