Satellites to go with bookshelf speakers for 5.1

dl8860

Novice Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of having 2 bookshelf speakers as the Front Left and Front Right as part of a 5.1 system for extra grunt and playing some quality stereo output, but would be more than happy with smaller satellite speakers for the surrounds to save a bit of cash.

I've had a bit of a search, but can't find anything myself, but does anyone know of any Q Acoustics satellites that would go with the 2020i speakers?

How important is it to match speakers like this? Does it need to be same brand, if not same model? Or are satellites so inherently different from bookshelfs that there's no point worrying? Same goes for centre and sub I suppose?

Ideally, and in a perfect world all speakers should be the same - excluding the sub.
Since its not a perfect world it is highly recommended that the front 3 (left, right and center) should be of the same make and range for best tonal balance as these carry the bulk of the sound, but you can get away with the rears being a different make and range.

You can have any sub from any make. They don't give 2 hoots what make of speakers of a 5.1 setup they are part of. But thought must be given in the same way when choosing one as they need to be able to fill the room with the require amount of bass and be good at it.

Satellites are entirely different from bookshelves but there are those who uses satellites for rears with bookshelves/floorstanders for fronts for whatever reasons and they seem happy with them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom