debt collector

Established Member
Reaction score
I used Kef egg speakers as my surround satellite speakers. I would like to upgrade to compact wireless speakers of a similar size so that I don't have to run speaker cables if I can avoid it. What wireless options would you recommend that have equivalent or are slightly better then the Kef eggs. My AV amp is a Denon AVCX4700H

Last edited:
Wireless speakers require a power cable at each speaker cabinet plus some form of transmitter attached to your AVR.

If your AVR is HEOS enabled and you can get power to the Surround L and Surround R positions you may find their is an option from Denon.

Joe

Wireless speakers require a power cable at each speaker cabinet plus some form of transmitter attached to your AVR.

If your AVR is HEOS enabled and you can get power to the Surround L and Surround R positions you may find their is an option from Denon.

Joe
That is true, I would need to have a transmitter in some cases and power cable but the power socket is nearby and the Denon receiver is at the other side of the room.

Wired surrounds is going to be far less costly and far less hassle to make work - ‘wireless’ speakers have been talked about for the last thirty+ years but have yet to materialise, which is where Soundbars have taken a lead in the market.

Joe

Wired surrounds is going to be far less costly and far less hassle to make work - ‘wireless’ speakers have been talked about for the last thirty+ years but have yet to materialise, which is where Soundbars have taken a lead in the market.

Joe
There are several option from Kef, AE and Dali that I've come across. They are more costly, around the £1000 mark.

That is true, I would need to have a transmitter in some cases and power cable but the power socket is nearby and the Denon receiver is at the other side of the room.

Sadly i don´t think Denon av-receivers supports the HEOS speakers as wireless. Only Denon Heos receiver does and new Yamaha receivers support wireless surround speakers (MusicCast 20). Shame you didn´t think about this earlier when buying receiver. Those 1k£ solutions costs too much.

Sadly i don´t think Denon av-receivers supports the HEOS speakers as wireless. Only Denon Heos receiver does and new Yamaha receivers support wireless surround speakers (MusicCast 20). Shame you didn´t think about this earlier when buying receiver. Those 1k£ solutions costs too much.
HEOS receivers support up to 5.1 setup which isn't sufficient for me. And there are very few HEOS speakers around. The transmitter bit of HEOS system is the least expensive but in the wireless speaker chain. Good quality speakers with inbuilt amps cost money, whether they are HEOS or not. Yamaha supports wireless speakers as you mentioned but you have to use thier multicast speakers.

Last edited:
Spending £1k on Surrounds to partner a set of KEF KHT is nuts :)

Spend £1k on replacing the ‘Eggs’ and forget about surround channels if wires are not an option.

Joe

Spending £1k on Surrounds to partner a set of KEF KHT is nuts :)

Spend £1k on replacing the ‘Eggs’ and forget about surround channels if wires are not an option.

Joe
I think you're misunderstanding the situation. Where did you read that I'm planing to spend £1k on surrounds to partner the Kef KHTs?

You outlined the options you had found and indicated £1k - I don’t disagree with your research, ‘wireless’ surround sound is not a viable option, stick with wires.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom