• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SATELLITE SWITCH

Rob at Loanhead

Standard Member
I currently use a Sky+ and a twin-tuner Freesat+ PVR. I want to connect both to the same dish but running extra cables is not feasible. I was hoping to get something which would switch automatically, and googled "satellite switch" which came up with a Generic Satellite Multi Switch type MS24 on Amazon. This has 2 F connector inputs and 4 outputs, which seems to be what I am looking for. However, there is not enough technical info supplied, and in any case, Amazon are out of stock. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Rob

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Switches suitable for this only come in manual versions. You could consider using one feed on each though it restricts recording abilities. Or run more cables, there must be a way...

grahamlthompson

In memoriam

logiciel

The switch you're looking for is Philex satellite A/B LNB switch - there are plenty in stock.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
The one on Amazon is for use in the US and would be worse than useless in Europe. In the US the standards for satellite reception are totally different to those in Europe - e.g. that switch uses 13V/18V switching to switch inputs, in Europe those voltages are used to switch polarisation on the lnb so if you fitted that you would be totally unable to receive about half of the channels on each receiver. There were what were called smart priority lnb switches which I believe are no longer made and these are very problematical when used with Sky boxes. So really no automatic switches only single channel manual switches such as the A/B manual switch here - Satellite LNB switches and multiswitches

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom