1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite Speakers- Room Picture attached

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Asaf, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

As you can see from the attached image my space is not that big and I have designed for all built in furniture and cabinetry. My ceilings are tall and I sit about 7 feet from the screen. I know the surrounds are not ideal but I will have to place them on the wall above me.

The partial wall (Custom wood cabinetry) that is showing does not reach the ceiling but is used a privacy wall and also storage space for my hundreds of DVD’s which was my wife’s idea to get them out of the way!

Also, I have designed one of the left cabinets to house the subwoofer which I have put screen speaker mesh on the front of the door to let all sound out. This has not been tested yet and I am sure I will have to pick a particular subwoofer that resonates from the front and not sides.

I have short listed a few satellite systems from application, design and the ability to buy in Thailand. My choices are not as wide as if I was still in the states. For that reason I have left of Canton’s because they have told me they won’t ship to Thailand.

My first thought was Bose am 10 running with Pioneer, but learning allot from you all I have now begun to SHOP around and broaden my Audio horizons…

With that said I have short listed a few systems that seem to be popular within this range and I would have the ability to buy in Thailand.

1. Infinity TSS 450
    2. KEF KHT 5005
    3. POLK RM 6800
    4. BOSE am-10

Knowing the size of the room and the cabinet for my subwoofer it seems the Infinity wouldn’t work quite so well because the base resonates from the side of the subwoofer where the POLK and BOSE both exit the front. (When I designed this room I had the Bose in mind!)

Any input would be really appreciated- because I’m trying to finalize everything before I move in on the 1st. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
    Asaf

Attached Files:

2. Rob Sinden

Rob Sinden
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,042
    M&K invented the subwoofer and satellite speaker and are now used by most of the world's leading film makers.

I'd get a dem on an M&K system at a decent dealer before you buy any speakers.

3. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Samsaid,

Actually, M & K was the first system I tried researching to buy in Thailand. However, the 'only' dealer which is located on M & K site said the following when I asked about M & K speakers :

"Dear Sirs,

Please be noted that M&K has the problem regarding the production since last year and I cannot confirm you when the product will be continued.

However, if you need some more information, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely yours,"

So it seems they don't have any stock in Thailand so it makes it hard to buy!

Any other suggestions would be most welcome. :smashin:

Asaf

4. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Oops just got out of the store and I had to add the Okyo LS-V955. Is this any good?