• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

satellite/smallish speaker recomendation

loeweTV

Standard Member
Hi,

I wonder whether anyone can recommend some speakers for me.

I have a 2.1 setup at the moment. Amp, sony DG820, sub B&W ASW608, and 2 kef 2005.2 speakers.

The sound is quite good for home cinema, but not for music.

Can anyone suggest smallish speakers to improve the sound, especailly fot music.

Would prefer satellite speakers, but am I gonna find ones that are good for music?

Thanks

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
I have a 2.1 setup at the moment. Amp, sony DG820, sub B&W ASW608, and 2 kef 2005.2 speakers.

The sound is quite good for home cinema, but not for music.

Can anyone suggest smallish speakers to improve the sound, especailly fot music.

Would prefer satellite speakers, but am I gonna find ones that are good for music?
All 'satellite' speakers are going to be limited bandwidth to an extent, in that they won't handle lower bass (roughly 80-100Hz downwards). This arrangement is fine for movies but is a compromise musically. There will be differing quality in satellite speakers, but this will come at a cost, and generally better quality speakers need better quality amplification. You could look at the KEF iQ1's which are available at clearance prices at the moment, which will be a little bigger as they are bookshelf speakers, but wil sound better than satellites and aren't too fussy about amplification requirements.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom