Satellite set up on LG OLED GX help needed

Zailorman

Novice Member
Hi. I have purchased an LG OLED GX 55 with 3.1 soundbar. I have it connected to my satellite dish via my Humax freesat recorder - 2 cables from dish to box and an HDMI cable to the tv. TV is also connected to the internet. I want to watch freesat using the built in freesat facility on the tv as the sound signal from the humax box is distorted when played through the soundbar and I have to resort to the TV's internal speakers. My question is can I split one or more cables from the satellite dish to feed the LG freesat or must I run another 2 cables from the spare outputs on the dish.
Also has anyone any experience of the 4K freesat recorders - is the sound output any better?
The TV is brilliant but on reflection should have bought the 65" to match the soundbar width.

chenks

you can't "split" the cables, you would need to run a new cable from the dish to the TV.

what you could do it simply unplug 1 of the existing cables from the humax and connect it to the TV instead.

you'd lose the ability to record one thing and view another thing on the humax though.

you might find the Guide/EPG functions on the TV to be quite piss-poor though.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom