1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite recording JVC DRM-1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by john lowe, Jan 12, 2004.

1. john lowe

john lowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have set up the satellite recording facility on my JVC DRM-1 using the little remote thingysupplied and I am pretty sure it is set up ok. Have a standard Pace sat receiver and used code number 92 to get it to "talk" to DRM-1. Have tested it and it switches channel in test mode.
    However, when I input VideoPlus code for a sat programme and switch to timer record it switches on JVC ok but does not change the sat channel to the correct one...it records whatever sat prog the receiver is set to at the time using the correct time, duration.

Am I missing something here? Should the VideoPlus sat code set the time, duration and sat channel and get the JVC to switch the sat recever to the correct channel? I assumed that was how it should work.

Any fellow JVC DRM-1 owners who have cracked this one please come back. Many thanks. John Lowe

2. jda

jda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,

I didn't know it could do this.

I thought the videoplus codes only relate to the programme being on satelight and not the channel as they are different channel numbers on cable etc

As far as I know and have tried (I don't use videoplus anyway)

Method A:
    Set programme you want as reminder on EPG and set autoview.
    Put recordable disc in JVC and set record rate.
    Press SAT record button on front of JVC.

Result is when sat box starts, JVC records.

Method B:
    The best option is;
    Manual program start time/date ect
    Set channel to SAT and then you can select the sat channel number. But you need to leave the box powered on...

Could try using videoplus code then editing the channel number???

I believe the method that switches the sat box over, according to JVC is videoplus Deluxe.

Jim

3. sneekyb

sneekyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use the video plus code but make sure and set the channel to sat then manually select the ch number on the video+ screen. Activate timer and once it activates it automatically changes the ch for you.

4. sneekyb

sneekyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You must set the channel number manually. All the Video+ code will do is set the correct start and end time. The manual explains it fully.