Question Satellite Receiver/LNB

prisoner6

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've recently bought a new LNB which works fine with my Sat. Receiver. I've been given a used receiver of unknown history. My question is if I plug my LNB into this receiver could it damage my LNB? Can I check the input resistance of the receiver with a multimeter without damaging the receiver? Thanks.

[
PS Are LNBs usually short circuit proof? Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recently bought a new LNB which works fine with my Sat. Receiver. I've been given a used receiver of unknown history. My question is if I plug my LNB into this receiver could it damage my LNB? Can I check the input resistance of the receiver with a multimeter without damaging the receiver? Thanks.

[
PS Are LNBs usually short circuit proof? Cheers.
(+
No
and no point

Suggest checking voltage on receivers lnb connections should be either 14V or 18V (+ or - 1.5) depending on polarisation receiver is set to providing lnb power is set to on in any menu

What make and model of receiver.

It's a Pace DS430N, I gather it's a good one (if it works).

[
It's the skydigibox version.

LNB voltage is 13.5v

So obviously no short on input.

My replies seem to have disappeared.
13.5v
Pace DS430N, SkyDigibox

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pace DS430N is long in the tooth now but was popular with expats in Europe due to its good sensitivity. What do you intend using it for?

The Sat. Receiver may be ok as the guide is working. Haven't connected LNB yet (it may be tricky to route the cable to where I need it). Thanks

And Freesat itself is a bit boring as it's only an EPG that 'indexes' other peoples content.

You will get FreesatFromSky which includes all the Freesat channels plus all the other FTA channels that choose not to pay to be on the Freesat EPG.

You will get FreesatFromSky which includes all the Freesat channels plus all the other FTA channels that choose not to pay to be on the Freesat EPG.

Even that is not correct. You actually get free to air (only). Freesat from sky requires a card to get a very few extra free to view channels that no one actually wants.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom