Satellite PVR - playback during recording?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by confused_sat, Jan 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. confused_sat

confused_sat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Before switching to satellite, I rented a digital set-top box from my cable TV provider which let me record and playback in parallel, and I want to be able to do this with satellite.

I recently bought a Satellite PVR: Humax CI-8100PVR (which has two CI slots).
    I have only a single tuner, but I thought I would be able to playback programs from the harddisk that I recorded before, while recording new programs.

Unfortuantely this does not work - I get the message 'not available during recording' :confused:

Can you tell me what model of satellite receiver, if any, will let me do this.
    If I have to, I can upgrade to a twin tuner, but I am not convinced this will solve my problem of wanting to playback from the Hard Disk while recording something new.

Thanks in advance for your advice...

2. reforse

reforse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    You can get a number of twin tuner satPVRs from the continent where there are much more common and hence cheaper, try

www.satfuchs.de

There is an English flag for English language option. You would need a plug adaptor (2 pounds from Tesco) and a willingness to purchase electronic equipment from abroad (grief if there is a fault).

I got a Topfield TF4000 about a year or so from them, it is a record one watch another twin tuner model. I tuned it to the Astra 19.2 satellite for FTA German stations, it works very well.

3. confused_sat

confused_sat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Reforse,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I'm actually living in Switzerland so I won't even need the plug adaptor.

I will take a look at the website you recommend.

Thanks again :)