Satellite on jz1500?

Drmarkwright

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Does anyone know how to use satellite inputs on JZ1500 and what it works with please? Was hoping it would do Freesat but no. There doesn't seem to be any satellite options in the inputs menu as if it's not implemented?
Thanks for any pointers.
Best
Mark

Connect a standard LNB (it won't work if the satellite dish/LNB was used with Sky Q) and press the “TV” button at the top RHS of the remote two or three times to bring up the satellite input.
Follow your user manual instructions to setup and tune.

It's been a while since I tuned my GZ OLED but you're normally offered the chance to choose tuners when going through the initial set-up procedure. If you only tuned the Freeview tuner initially, then to add the Freesat channels, I think you have to go into the Freeview tuning menu and there should be an option to 'Add TV Signal'. If you haven't done any tuning at all, then just look for the same option in the TV's setup/tuning menus.

I have my GZ connected to an old Sky dish that the previous owners of my house left when I moved in in the mid 2000s and it works fine. As JayCee mentioned, I believe you have to change the LNB if you have a newer dish that has previously been used for Sky Q.

I have noticed recently though, that some equipment (like the latest Freesat PVRs) will work with Sky Q LNBs but I doubt this compatibility extends to Panasonic TVs.

One thing to note is that Panasonic TVs haven't officially supported Freesat for quite a while now so program information on your JZ will be limited to Now & Next info - there's no EPG, which isn't ideal if it's something you plan to use a lot for your TV viewing.

Hi.
Does anyone know how to use satellite inputs on JZ1500 and what it works with please? Was hoping it would do Freesat but no. There doesn't seem to be any satellite options in the inputs menu as if it's not implemented?
Thanks for any pointers.
Best
Mark
Hi you can get freesat on this TV even if you have a Sky Q LNB, just ensure you are plugged into Satellite In 1 which is the shorter F connector, on the back of the TV, once you have plugged in the connector, the TV will lock onto Astra2/Eurobird, scan the channels and you will get a whole host of channels, you are also given the option to scan for Free or All Channels,
The process looks like the picture attached.
Selecting All Channels does take a long time,

Attachments

• 20220906_190708.jpg
    20220906_190708.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 63

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom