1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

satellite/NTL box on same TV

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by simonjcummings, Sep 19, 2005.

1. simonjcummings

simonjcummings
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had a hotbird satellite system installed and already have an NTL box. The only problem is now I have to manually change the scart leads between the two boxes and my TV every time I want to switch from one system to another. Is there a way of having both systems running on my TV at the same time? I access satellite and digital tv by selecting the AV channel on my remote. Is it possible to have these running on two different AV channels at the same time? I've got a standard CRT TV which is a couple of years old. Would I need a more sophisticated TV to be able to do this? Excuse my ignorance, but have tried different SCART lead combinations without any success.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    when you say "at the same time" do you mean they are both plugged in at the same time and you are just having to press a button on the remote to change between the 2 sources or do you mean having both displaying a picture at the same time in a split screen/ picture in picture setup?

3. simonjcummings

simonjcummings
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't need a split screen facility or anything like that. I just want to be able to switch from satellite to NTL with my remote control unit. I'd also like to be able to record what is showing on NTL and watch the satellite or vice-versa. At the moment I have to disconnect the SCART cable from my NTL box and then connect it to the satellite receiver box, every time I want to change between the two. I've tried connecting them both to the TV with scart leads going via my video but even when I put the satellite system on standby I only get the sound for NTL and no picture.

4. tradesman

tradesman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0