• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Satellite Navigation On Phones?

P

pdilan

I have a Nokia N80, and wanted to know which sat nav programs work with it, where i can get them, and how much do they cost. Can someone please help me out, thanks. :)

pjsims

Standard Member
i havea microsoft smartphone that runs co-pilot but i know it can run tom tom too. try coolosmartphone.com expansys.com, or just search for the products above.

mine needs a bluetooth GPS and they are usualluy bundled with the software

Tunney

At the moment, your best bet on the N80 is Route 66. Prices range from about £160-£180 with bluetooth GPS receiver or you can buy just the software on CD for cheaper.

TomTom should also be adding support soon and I'd expect prices to be around the same.

P

pdilan

ok thanks. are there any GOOD free ones that i can get? or do they all cost? also, how does it all work, like do you have to be connected to the internet while using it? thanks.

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
no freebies. ull need a gps receiver that tracks the satalites etc. your phone doesnt have it built in (however a lot of people think they do)

they range from £40+

ParmMann

At the moment there are huge problems with the N80's bluetooth abilities.
The bluetooth connections are known to drop out randomly. Nokia are aware of the problem and advise that they hope to have it sorted in the next firmware release.

Therefore Satnav is near impossible to use on the N80 at the moment, the GPS reciever will keep disconnecting from the bluetooth connection and it's a real pain in the a... neck.

Route66 was listed as compatible with the N80, but due to ongoing bluetooth problems they no longer support the N80.

I personally tried Wayfinder and had the same problem, had to take it back.

S

sjdeath

I'm looking to get sat nav for my N80 soon, but I didn't realise there is problems with the bluetooth. I've got a pioneer DEH-P70BT bluetooth head unit in my car and the phone has never disconnected from that,

Samantha

L

Longhorn

Tom Tom Mobile 5 on ebay £19.99 (on a memory card)
Bluetooth GPS Reciever £36.99 on ebay also,

Works a treat

LH

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
Longhorn said:
Tom Tom Mobile 5 on ebay £19.99 (on a memory card)
Bluetooth GPS Reciever £36.99 on ebay also,

Works a treat

LH

but not on the N80
There is also a problem with the Nokia N70 and BT. it might be the same thing. the 66xx series works fine.
Its also better to get a serf3 chipset reciever if you live in a large town centre.

R

Raz1985

i have Wayfinder on my N80 and it works really well. I know Parmann had trouble on his, but i haven't encountered a lot of issues with it. I spoke to soemone at Wayfinder who said although it does currently work on N80 they haven't officially finished the software for it. It should be fully compatible by the end of August, but like i say its worked a treat for me so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom