• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Satellite navigation - do you use it or turn it off?

FutureShark

Established Member
HI all,
I just wanted to ask if most of you use the sat nav or not. I switched it off mysels as I found I was looking at the small map more then the screen and so not really learning the city.
However it did occur to me that Rockstar might have laid out the Satnav routes to try to show you the sights so you could learn the city quicker!

Now I judt don't know, does anybody else find it beneficial or detrimental to their game?

Whisler

Established Member
i found it beneficial for sure. saved loads of time setting way points. however my only gripe was that it was too good and ignored one way streets when clearly it was quicker to shoot down the road the wrong way ;)

so i kinda used it and then sometimes didnt depends where i was in game.

oh and when the woman goes bing bong i giggle everytime lol

daymouse

Distinguished Member
Well the sat nav only knows the legal way!! so especially on the 2nd island you will see it will have going all over the show because of the one way system!!! but if you look at the map you can work out a basic quicker more direct route then use the sat nav for the last little bit

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I have it turned on but try not to rely on it. As you guys mentioned... it doesnt always tell you the fastest way from A to B. I did turn the voice off though as it got annoying very quickly.

FutureShark

Established Member
Hmm, I think I'll put it back on then, maybe I've go tou tof the habit of looking at it too much now - like you guys say I can always ignore it instead!

Thanks all!

sahajesh

Established Member
I have it turned on but try not to rely on it. As you guys mentioned... it doesnt always tell you the fastest way from A to B. I did turn the voice off though as it got annoying very quickly.

Ha ha, a bit like the average TomTom then!

Sahajesh

RidleyDeckard

Prominent Member
I've left mine on default, so that the voice only appears in certain cars, but I do like the female voice when she says "Bing bong" imitating the noise the GPS makes.

mossmanfly

Established Member
I have turned Sat Nav off as its easy to just look at the small map when driving. I did use it in specific cars but found at times in places with lots of quick turns the Sat Nav couldnt keep up with me, would always tell me to turn a second or so afterwards.

I however use way points all the time. Its good for keeping you on track at times, again I follow them exactly but its just more of a way to make sure your heading in the general direction.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom