1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite finder meter

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dugit, Apr 30, 2005.

1. dugit

dugit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen the relative cheap satellite finder meters sf-95 and slx advertised, whbut do not no which is best to get, any advice onmeters please?

2. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sky give their engineers a cheap Promax meter as back up should the digi meter fail. I used it a few times when the battery on my digi meter failed-it gave BETTER results than the digi meter!!! This was backed up be doing an install with a digi meter,aligning the dish to the best the digi meter reported,noting the readings then re-aligning the dish with the promax. Following alignment with the promax the digi meter was reconnected,it's readings were HIGHER! The software on the digi meters used to be bad,too slow to react,not sure what it's like now as i don't work there but the £20 Promax gets my vote!!

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I would advise getting one with an audio indicator, because you can't always see the meter in some instances (i.e. when it's connected to the other end of the co-ax 20 feet away).

4. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes agreed-the Promax i mention had audio-the higer pitched the noise the better the signal-makes things VERY easy ;)