Satellite channels

iitadavis

Novice Member
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I'm new to OLED tv, and I recently bought a LG C1. Can someone tell me how I can access my satellite/cable box channels (I have affinity/coaxial cable). Everytime I go to live tv, it displays advertising for Pluto/LG channel.

Last edited:

mikej

This is a UK-based forum so you might struggle for answers, but it looks like the US version of the C1 has ATSC / Clear QAM tuners and the Clear QAM tuner allows you to receive cable channels without the need for a separate cable set-top box / decoder - is that right ?

If so, then presumably the service you are connected to needs to be compatible. How did you receive channels on your previous TV ?

Apologies for the obvious question but have you actually tuned / scanned for the channels via the setup menu ?

iitadavis

Novice Member
This is a UK-based forum so you might struggle for answers, but it looks like the US version of the C1 has ATSC / Clear QAM tuners and the Clear QAM tuner allows you to receive cable channels without the need for a separate cable set-top box / decoder - is that right ?
I'm sorry, I'm not understanding this question/part.
If so, then presumably the service you are connected to needs to be compatible. How did you receive channels on your previous TV?
I have a little cable box and a coaxial cable connected from the cable box to the TV.
Apologies for the obvious question but have you actually tuned / scanned for the channels via the setup menu ?
Yes, I access the tabs/settings on the left side and navigated to channels where I selected auto tuning and only 2 channels were found.

mikej

Ah, sorry - as you didn't mention a cable box, I thought you might received a service that didn't need one and that would be compatible with the new TV's QAM tuner.

I'm not sure how a US cable box works but here in the UK, an external cable or satellite box would do the tuning / decoding (so tuning on the TV isn't needed) and would connect to the TV via an HDMI cable. To watch the channels, you'd then select the box via the 'AV' source menu/button on the TV.

With your old TV, do you know if you were watching channels via the TV tuner or cable box tuner ? Thinking about whether you used to change channels with the TV remote or cable box remote might help to answer that question if you're not sure.

Does your cable box have an HDMI output ? If the cable box is doing the tuning and it only has a coaxial output, then it sounds like it's time to upgrade your cable box.

If, however, your TV is still needed to do the tuning, then hopefully someone more knowledgeable here can help or you might be better seeking advice from your cable provider or a US-based forum like avsforums.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom