Satellite Card Subscription Advice !!!

star79

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,
Having recently bought a DB 800 from here and setting up my motorised dish, playing with images, networking, FTP-ing, i need some advice on the next step.

I would like to know from more experienced members about which card i should purchase (Subscribing of course), football would be my main pleasure and movies coming a close second.

I've seen some cards with 12months subs such as al-jazeera sport and tring but i dont know which ones to go for. I've also read about CS (which were not allowed to talk about) but im not thinking about that just yet......:facepalm:

It might be wise just to wait a little bit nearer the start as some rights aren't quite 100% yet... plenty of threads about 2010/11 rights if you do a 'search'.

Morning all,
Having recently bought a DB 800 from here and setting up my motorised dish, playing with images, networking, FTP-ing, i need some advice on the next step.

I would like to know from more experienced members about which card i should purchase (Subscribing of course), football would be my main pleasure and movies coming a close second.

I've seen some cards with 12months subs such as al-jazeera sport and tring but i dont know which ones to go for. I've also read about CS (which were not allowed to talk about) but im not thinking about that just yet......:facepalm:

Skyitalia or viasat for football, but expensive.

yeah i guess its best to wait.....

I couldnt beleive the price for Skyitalia....:eek:

I couldnt find any vendors on viasat....are there any in the uk, websites?

Canel on 1w
Thought they had lost the rights for next season?

Viasat looks best deal for next season
Premier League - the world's hottest football league for Viasat

.main-inner {width:930px;}From August you will see the Premier League only in Viasat sports channels . Only with Viasat , you are guaranteed the full range of Premier League broadcasting. Switch to Viasat now so you get to try all channels , and ViasatHD Viasat OnDemand free for 3 months . Within three months , choose the peace and quiet which selection you want to keep .

On what channel will you send the Premier League ?
We will broadcast all 380 matches in our pay- TV channels , primarily Viasat Football and Viasat Sport Viasat Sport but also HD and extra channels . We will also develop monitoring of the Premier League through a new channel in HD quality that focuses solely on the Premier League - Premier League Viasat HD . This channel will provide live coverage of Premier League matches , daily news programming , documentaries and classic great games of yesteryear . Viasat extra channels , you can access when you have sports package via satellite with Viasat .

As shown on HD channels and what is shown on Viasat Football and Viasat Sport ?
We will prioritize Viasat Football and make the absolute most popular games there, followed by Viasat Sport . To gain full access to all the games that we broadcast from the Premier League needed supply HD TV , Viasat Sport HD Viasat HD Premier League . Additional channels are used in many games broadcast simultaneously .

How do I get access to Viasat Sport Supply ?
Viasat Sport entire range available on Viasat's own satellittplattform . Sports range is continued in the IPTV and cable TV operators that channels exist for today , that Com Hem , Tele2, Cable TV , Canal Digital Cable TV , Telia and Bredbandsbolaget . Viasat sports channels are not in the Canal Digital satellite or via Boxer . The new Premier League channel in HD will be available on Viasat's satellite platform from August and the start line . This channel will also be available in Com Hem's HD TV range .

With a subscription to Viasat containing sports and HD channels , you will be able to see all 380 matches live via our sports and extra channels . With a subscription to our sports channels of any of the other providers of them, you'll be able to see 250 live games on our SD channels , and 300 matches live on even high-definition channels are included in your subscription .

Will you send the Premier League on free TV ?
We will send up to 10 games per season in TV10 , and produce a magazine which is sent each week in the same channel .

Will you raise the price ?
A rise of the sports offered will be , contact your provider of television to get information about what applies to you.

How will you frame your broadcasts ?
With the right and the interest that there 's an important responsibility to develop the framework and surveillance . Viasat Football recent years has attracted attention for the way it shows on the football , not least in the TV price crystal but also observed in other contexts such as Nordic Sport Business seminar in which Viasat Football two years in a row, their best producer of football . That we may be able to broadcast Premier League will of course encourage us to continue to develop our broadcasts . We will do the framing studio at least two days a week with our estimate of presenters , experts and commentators . We will be in place in England every week to make special reports and follow the main teams and players .

Will you be recruiting new presenters and commentators ?
Viasat Football has reinforced its line-up of Aftonbladet's acclaimed football expert Erik Niva . Ola Wenström leads Viasat football broadcasts already awash with razor sharp experts Glenn Strömberg , Ola Andersson , Bo Petersson and Sladjan Osmanagic . Among the commentators felt deserving Henry Strömblad and Niklas Holmgren . Further recruitment is not excluded in order to take care of this right is huge .

What other rights do you have on the football side of this fall ?
We have the two most powerful rights that exist on the Swedish market , the Premier League and Champions League . To complement these , we will continue our focus on English FA Cup and the French league . We will also send a lot of football teams .

Last edited:
Yup..i've just been reading that they have got the rights to the premiership extended to the 2012/13 season...!

Will these be on the Nordic beam mate? ie: a bitch to pick up in the UK.

Can't say I've ever tried it but I'm not home at the mo.

My 1m dish picks it up in northants no problem ( well last time i tried) Is it on 4.8e of top of my head?

My 85cm dish used to pick up canalsat 1w and viasat 5e no problems. So, unless they've changed their footprints, I'd say they're not that much of a bitch to pick up...

...i'll have to do alot more googling for affordable alternatives...

If you're going the official sub route on a budget you can try Bulsatcom - no English commentary but pleanty of EPL & some Champions League available. JSC (Al Jaz) are pretty good for Champions League - English commentary and studio presentation (you'll recognise a lot of the faces that pop up on there!). Tring is a tricky one - they have only just won the rights for the EPL so nobody knows what quality of coverage they will provide - if you're considering going with them it may be worth waiting to see how it looks when the season kicks off but bear in mind though that waiting might mean the cards go up in price before you jump in! You can pick it up sub £250 at the mo.

My 85cm dish used to pick up canalsat 1w and viasat 5e no problems. So, unless they've changed their footprints, I'd say they're not that much of a bitch to pick up...

Yeah, I have no problems with Canal 1w but have never tried for Viasat, from memory the Nordic beam looked pretty horrible on paper.

Yeah, I have no problems with Canal 1w but have never tried for Viasat, from memory the Nordic beam looked pretty horrible on paper.
As said, had no problems previously on 5e for viasat, so unless they've changed signal lately, then I'm scuppered :p

You can get Cyfra full package for about 450 euros which isnt to bad for a years viewing.

As said, had no problems previously on 5e for viasat, so unless they've changed signal lately, then I'm scuppered :p

4.8e is a little hit and miss foir me at the moment, some clear and some come in at 26%. TVSport channel may be a problem for me.:mad:

After much searching ive come to the conclusion that ill have to wait for a while getting an official sub...(the wife decided to show me the cost of my setup so far...:eek:)

So thanks to wifey i am now pursuing the un-mentionable route.

Are thet showing EPL games then?

they shown some last season in SD and HD, not sure about the comming season or regularity though

Cyfra are showing until 2012/2013 season. Confirmed from cyfra by missus

This Cyfra+ package seems to be good : Cyfra+ multipakiet + Canal+ HD

Are these channels broadcast in english, im not so bothered about the footy, its the films that should be?

Ive got an original DM800, would i have to buy a cam interface or would it just be plug and view?

Cyfra are showing until 2012/2013 season. Confirmed from cyfra by missus

Going off last season, Cyfra+ coverage should be all games as per Sky/ESPN + the non-UK covered widweek fixtures and 1 x 3pm Saturday. They sometimes do not have a 3pm saturday game if it clashes with the Polish league.

HBO, Cinemax, Canal+ Film usually broadcasts in English. I have the official box but now I am using a TM 6800HD so don't see why DM 800 shouldn't take it. As for footy the broadcast lang is Polish but it don't bother me. They have rights upto 2012/2013

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom