satellite cable question.

Gjones25

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have two CS100 cables that run along the skirting in my flat. I'm in the middle of redecorating, putting down new flooring, and I want to run the cable under it, embedding it in the 6mm fibreboard. Only problem is it's thicker than 6mm.

It was thinking of cutting the CS100 cables at the wall and joining WF65CU shogun cables to it using 90 degree connectors. My question is will this work? Joining two different types of cables? Or do I need to run the WF65CU directly from the dish?

Lastly is WF65CU the best cable under 6mm?

I would be using it for freesat or Sky+. The distance from join to box is about 11-12 meters.

Link to the cable I was looking at:

Webro WF65 CU Twin Coax Cable Black (priced per metre) | Maplin

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Gareth

You can join the cables (they are all 75 ohm). The thinner cable will have course higher losses than 100 grade. If they aren't too long you should be OK provided the cables back to the dish aren't themselves very long. 10-12M is about the max recommended for WF65 connections.

Hi Graham, thanks for the reply. There is about another 4m outside. I had read that WF65 is ok under 20m?

Hi Graham, thanks for the reply. There is about another 4m outside. I had read that WF65 is ok under 20m?

A lot depends on how much signal you get from your dish in the first place. I would try it out first before committing to it. Preferably wait for a rainy day to check how much signal margin you have.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom