Satellite Cable quality advice needed

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I plan on adding another cable to the sky quad LNB at the front of the house. The cable will be tacked around the outside, to the back, and into the kitchen, to another sky digibox, and i estimate the length will be just over 15m. Just wondering if there is a bare minimum of quality i should buy.

I did notice this kit on offer at maplins, which seems ideal (especially the price), but what does anyone else think?.

It's pretty expensive and doesn't say what kind of cable it is.

You can get proper foam cored WF100 for less than that.

Have a look here (just one example)

Steve

Thanks steve. With the end pieces and 100 clips, it comes to £15.46 inc delivery (based on 17m length). I imagine that cable will likely be better than the stuff in the maplins kit.

It may or may not be better - but at least you know what you are getting. I suspect the Maplin stuff is the cheapest they could find that you could still get away with calling satellite cable though :)

TLC have trade counters all over the country as well so you can save on the delivery if you are nearby.

I must stress that they are not necessarily the best or cheapest place to go - I just knew they stocked decent stuff at a sensible price.

Steve

I must stress that they are not necessarily the best or cheapest place to go - I just knew they stocked decent stuff at a sensible price.

Steve

No worries :)

The same page lists a shroud, which i'm assuming i dont need, as the sky supplied quad LNB already has a plastic shroud over the connections. Any idea if i need the '20mm Nylon Locknut' though, or indeed the '20mm Nylon Cts Gland'?. I was just thinking its a standard F type connector to the LNB?.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom