• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Satelite home distribution

Eric Clegg

Novice Member
Hi, I am about to set up a home distribution for satelite. I will not be subscribing to sky. I intend to have 2 LNBs to pick up 2 satelites. I want to be able to watch either satelite in 4 different rooms. Each room having its own receiver.
At the same time I am setting up a home network for the computer so that there is a broadband socket available for each TV. I also want to set up a hard drive for all computers on the network to use, if possible id like to record TV programmes to this hard drive so they can be watched on all TVs, but not sure if I cab do this?
The problem is I need a good wiring diagram to follow so I get the right equipment in the right place, this for both projects. I also need a list of what hardware i need to purchase including normal TV aerial DAB aerial and FM aerial etc.
Any Help or advice much appreciated cheers Eric

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Yes you can do it, cover all the rooms with cat 5/6, connect a NAS and use linux based Enigma 2 receivers and they'll all be to record to and play from the NAS.

I doubt anyone here is going to plan and design the whole thing down to a shopping list though. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom