Question SatCure has CLOSED

MartinPickering

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that we've finally thrown in the towel!

The end of the "digital switchover" saw a significant decrease in orders. In addition, competition from Amaz0n & others was fierce and there was no way we could compete. I even worked the last two years for zero pay and we STILL couldn't compete.

So Nicola is taking maternity leave, Sylvia is looking for a job and I am living off my pension and pursuing my hobbies of Electronics, Copy Editing and my secret "blog". It's possible that Sylvia and/or Nicola will start up an eBay "shop" later on but that's for the future.

The SatCure website will remain for the time being, with the "shopping cart" disabled, while I decide what to do with it.

It's a shame,and I feel your pain...I was made redundant over 4 years ago doing a job I loved(worked for Sony centre) I used to wonder how the company could afford too pay myself and staff...it got really bad when people came into the store got all the information out of you then took pics of the price tags went online using the stores free WiFi,then shoved their phone in your face and said "Do you price match?" you can only put up with the blasé attitude of the general public acting like that for so long(inside I was annoyed,frustrated) bit you had to keep smiling...remaining positive and trying to turn the situation around selling the benefits of a store as regard to online...some you win some you lose.whilst I appreciate that we all like a bargain it was people's terrible attitude that got too me,making a once very enjoyable job into a constant battle! I don't think I could work in retail anymore as I can only imagine it's even worse now...look at these very forums with people moaning over the price of not doing it for a £1 or so less on discs...

Sent from my D6603 using AVForums mobile app

Well, shame, but have a happy retirement Martin.

Enjoy your retirement! Please leave the site up in some form as it's a valuable resource.

Very sorry to hear Martin.

I was watching CNBC recently on a focus on the US retail sector & was amazed to see some very big US bricks & mortar retail household names having their share price hit by a shift by investors to the big online retailers & then the fierce competition within the online retailing sector.

Amazon have massive economy of scale & distribution & delivery savings they've built up, I notice they only have limited details on products which makes sense, if you want more details you can just go elsewhere, get the details/ spec & go back to Amazon & buy it. Years ago the high street was hit by the growth of out of town shopping centers/ malls.

A pity you've had to close, but do enjoy your retirement Martin.

Not sure if the costs of keeping your domain and website server running are low enough for you to leave the information freely available... or if you should update and re-publish your books for sale elsewhere? It's been a useful resource for me! (and I bought a psu upgrade kit from you, too).

Best wishes.

Rod

The SatCure sites cost me around £60 per month. I'll be looking to reduce that without changing ISP. Some of my eBooks are available from Amazon and from LuLu.com

Bring back the glory days. Mid 80's to early 00ies. DMCA killed off a large part of the trade :eek:(

After trying to buy something from the Satcure site, I have just discovered that they have ceased trading. Wondering why, I found this thread. Years late, I know.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am to find that Satcure have closed. My (belated) commiserations and thanks to Martin et al. Though I needed you infrequently, you will be missed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom