Sat Speaker Package

fred3939

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone reccomend any sat speaker packages that would suit a through lounge setup. I intend to mount the rear speakers on the rear wall. Fronts on stands either side of the TV.
So far i've been looking at

Tannoy Fx5.1
AE Pego 5
Keff Eggs either 2005 or 2005.2

Are there any others I should look out for, i've read the fx 5.1 aren't suited to larger rooms which is unfortunate as richer have them on offer !!

I intend to buy an amp to drive them, probably looking at a Yamaha amp.

i've read the fx 5.1 aren't suited to larger rooms which is unfortunate as richer have them on offer !!

You will find that they have sold out mate ....ive found that they advertise alot of stuff cheap but when you ring or phone they have not got them in stock.

The kef eggs have had some cracking reviews,you will have to go for demo`s mate as whats good sounding speakers to one person might sound good to you .

Thanks for your reply

Don't suppose you know of anywhere in London that demo's the Kef Eggs ?

Sevonoaks let me take a set of Kef Eggs home to demo, I paid for them on my credit card with the promise of a full refund if not satisfied.

mij

Sevenoaks Croydon were very helpful and demoed the Kef 2005.2 for me and through in the stands 'free' when I bought the speakers.

Its a little more but you should try the Monitor Audio Radius series. I compared the 180's against the VM1's and the Eggs...Oh boy what a difference, so much more hi-fi if that is possible with such small speakers.....I love them and bought six....

You might also consider:

JMLabs Sib & Cub
Ruark Vita 50
(both of the above a seriously discounted at the moment)
Velodyne Deco
Anthony Gallo Micros and Sub

Hi,
I am looking to purchase small speakers as I am moving house and the room design will not even fit my B&W VM1.

I was thinking of Bose speakers( Acoustimass® 15 Home Cinema Speaker System) they do not get mentioned much here. Is this due to them not being as high in quality sound as much more mentioned speakers like eg "Kef eggs".

I have got a pioneer VX10 amp and looking for good quallity sat speaker system but I will want 7 speakers to use the full channel range of the amp.

Your help will be as always greatly appreciated,
Phill

I rather liked the Kef KHT 1005 set. Demoed them twice, very good sound.

Demoed the Mission FS1's as well, not very good, stay clear of them.

You can get the Kef KHT 1005's from Sound and Vision Online for £424. However they can't deliver(Kef policy) so see if you can get your local shop to price match, Audio T are good for that.

Originally posted by Gadjet
I was thinking of Bose speakers( Acoustimass® 15 Home Cinema Speaker System) they do not get mentioned much here. Is this due to them not being as high in quality sound as much more mentioned speakers like eg "Kef eggs".

I have got a pioneer VX10 amp and looking for good quallity sat speaker system but I will want 7 speakers to use the full channel range of the amp.
AM15 are 6.1 maximumcould add an the extra rear with a VCS10 as centre front.
Get a demo and see what you think.

What about Definitive Technology Pro 80 rears with some Definitive Technology Mythos 1 fronts. These Mythos speakers are gorgeous in both looks and sounds.
I tried Bose Acoustimass 10mk3s and got a huge hole in my midrange. I took them back on their 14 day refund policy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom