SAT-receivers with component

I have never seen a DVB-S receiver with component (i.e. YPrPb)
output.
I have seen such outputs on HDTV boxes in the USA.

Chris Muriel (author of Digital Satellite FAQ), Manchester.

FTX

You may have different reasons for asking the question but...

I had wanted component connections from both my DVD and Satellite box to go via my AV receiver (2 component in, 1 component out).

I picked up a scart to component converter from www.Lektropacks.co.uk for the satellite box.

It's maybe not the same but it it depends on why you require component connections.

Component is essentially a professional way of sending pictures in TV edit suites etc, albeit it's beginning to appear in good quality home kit.

I have it on my gear at home, but to be honest, I can't see a huge difference between it and RGB through a SCART.

As has been said, why do you want it?

And there are no domestic receivers to my knowledge have it, although a number of DVD players do - even some very cheap ones.

It's maybe not the same but it it depends on why you require component connections.

I have a projector on order and if possible, I'd like to run only a component cable from the equipment rack (in front of the room) to the PJ (back-wall mounted).

The idea is have the component outputs from DVD-player and sat-receiver to the receiver which has 3 YUV inputs and 1 YUV output. The receiver has no video-upconversion.

I'll wait until the Euro1080 plans are more solid. The required STBs will probably have the YUV outputs.

Filip

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom