• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sat receiver box cutting out

bailout

Standard Member
I am new to satellite tv and have just installed a dish and receiver (Technisat hdfs) to get freesat. After some trial and error I have managed to get the dish aligned and receiving a good signal and was getting a good picture. However, after watching for a while the receiver box appears to turn off and then try to turn on again. Sometimes it comes back and sometimes not.

At first I wondered whether it was just the power cable not being in properly but I have checked that and even swapped to another similar cable. Then wondered if it was a fault with the connectors on the antenna cable but I have checked both ends and all the f connectors seem to be fine.

I am left thinking that it must either be a fault in the lnb or the receiver box. Has anyone had similar problems or know what is the most likely cause?

thanks

logiciel

Hi and welcome to AVF. Unless it's getting too hot the receiver must be faulty and need replacing.

bailout

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply and welcome. I actually registered here almost 2 years ago but never posted. Thought it would be a good place to get help with the satellite problems.

Contacted Technisat today and emailed them with the problem so will see what they reply. It is always difficult to troubleshoot something like this when all the kit is new and having no experience in the field.

logiciel

There are some Technisat owners in the forum so you may get some ideas from the while waiting for the response from the manufacturers. As the receiver is new though I'd be looking for a replacement with a fault like that in it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom