Sat Nav with most economical route setting

joewa

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

We presently have a Tomtom Go 510 and I am looking at upgrading it.

The thing we really need is a "most economical route setting" ideally which is personalised to our car.

Does anyone know if any of the satnavs available have an economy setting rather than just the shortest route?

Hi

We presently have a Tomtom Go 510 and I am looking at upgrading it.

The thing we really need is a "most economical route setting" ideally which is personalised to our car.

Does anyone know if any of the satnavs available have an economy setting rather than just the shortest route?

You are joking ! :rotfl::rotfl: right :rolleyes:

Your tomtom gives you

-fastest route
-shortest route
and generally the avoid motorways is most economical.... what other mode are you thinking of???

Is there one with a "no sitting in traffic jams and always keeping to at least 60mph" setting ? or particularly a "no caravans or tractors along the route" setting, or how about a "always ontime and find the exact parking space with no charges no matter how late I set off setting".

Well here is a trick. Always make sure you pump the tyres up to the right pressure and have the car regularly serviced. Learn to drive smoothly and economically. Try and use quiet times to do journeys. Keep the air conditioning off. Remove any roof racks. Drive with the windows up. Throw out any extra weight from your car that you dont need (its suprising how much you dont need when you think about it. Keep the tank as empty as possible so you dont lug the extra fuel weight around. When you buy new tyres make sure you buy the type which gives more economy. Get in a car share scheme. Dont spend money on a new satnav if your old one is working.

and generally the avoid motorways is most economical...
What??? Do you really think that crusing along at a steady 70mph is less economical that all that stop, start, accelerate, decelerate, 30/40/50mph, corners, junctions, traffic, buses, tractors, caravans, Sunday drivers that you'll find on A roads???!!! :confused:

Just choose motorways and be done with it :smashin:

Duct tape it to your bicycle..........:D

Joewa you were ahead of your time
I know noone has responded to this tread since 2008 and its now 2011 but i had to reply. JOEWA, I hope the stupid replies you got on this thread were the intensive you needed to invent exactly what you described, and then you made your fortune by selling the device to Garmin who now sell it as part of their fantasic ecoroute range Garmin | ecoRoute™

I am sure that by now alchemistkevin has gone bankrupt and is living on the streets all because he thought the most economical way to drive was by avoiding motorways. lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom