Sat Nav with Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by KingD, Jan 9, 2008.

1. KingD

KingD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hey all, i was going to buy a bluetooth kit for my Octavia, but ive been thinking i would like Sat Nav too, is there a kit that combines both for a reasonable price (cheap as poss really?)

2. jparton

jparton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just got a new Tom Tom 920 and it works pretty well using Bluebooth to a mobile. Depending on the phones bluetooth implementation, you can use the TomTom to handle incoming / outgoing calls read incoming text messages, copy your phone address book, call numbers in Points of interest etc - use the big touch screen is way better than fumbling with a phone in a dashboard holder.

The only problem is the phone audio can only route through the TomTom's internal speaker which you have to turn up pretty high to hear, and then you can get a bit of distortion / vibration.

All in all a pretty good all in one solution if you can't be bothered to get a hard wired car kit, or use a bluetooth ear piece or something...

3. TeamGers

TeamGers
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thats correct, the tomtom go 520 has bluetooth as well, and they are pretty cheap at the moment.

PS, imagine admitting that you drive an Octavia...........:rotfl:

;)

4. Juggers2k

Juggers2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The Navman S50, S70 and S90i have bluetooth hands-free too.

5. r21442

r21442

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Does anyone know if there are models that can BT link to more than one mobile without extensive menu delving on mobile or satnav?

Wife and I swap cars continually and have to have 2x BT receivers in each car because the alternative is diving into mobile menu to link the BT receiver to the phone - we don't have time for that nonsense!

Maybe a supplmentary BT question - is there any Bt receiver out there that can do the task?

We're using Moto RAZRs and Moto visor clip BT receivers just now.