• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sat Nav with Bluetooth?

KingD

Hey all, i was going to buy a bluetooth kit for my Octavia, but ive been thinking i would like Sat Nav too, is there a kit that combines both for a reasonable price (cheap as poss really?)

jparton

Hey all, i was going to buy a bluetooth kit for my Octavia, but ive been thinking i would like Sat Nav too, is there a kit that combines both for a reasonable price (cheap as poss really?)

I've just got a new Tom Tom 920 and it works pretty well using Bluebooth to a mobile. Depending on the phones bluetooth implementation, you can use the TomTom to handle incoming / outgoing calls read incoming text messages, copy your phone address book, call numbers in Points of interest etc - use the big touch screen is way better than fumbling with a phone in a dashboard holder.

The only problem is the phone audio can only route through the TomTom's internal speaker which you have to turn up pretty high to hear, and then you can get a bit of distortion / vibration.

All in all a pretty good all in one solution if you can't be bothered to get a hard wired car kit, or use a bluetooth ear piece or something...

TeamGers

Banned
Thats correct, the tomtom go 520 has bluetooth as well, and they are pretty cheap at the moment.

PS, imagine admitting that you drive an Octavia...........:rotfl:

;)

r21442

Does anyone know if there are models that can BT link to more than one mobile without extensive menu delving on mobile or satnav?

Wife and I swap cars continually and have to have 2x BT receivers in each car because the alternative is diving into mobile menu to link the BT receiver to the phone - we don't have time for that nonsense!

Maybe a supplmentary BT question - is there any Bt receiver out there that can do the task?

We're using Moto RAZRs and Moto visor clip BT receivers just now.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom