Sat Nav Virgin!

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Efkay, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Efkay

Efkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've yet to purchase a satnav system and with my zero knowledge I thought that maybe this forum was the best place to start!

For the past few days I've been trawling various sites to get the ins and outs of various models, but clearly, it's an utter minefield for the uninitiated like myself. If I were to suggest some requirements that I'm looking for, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction as to which make/model to go for. Two models I have been drawn to are: Viamichelin X-980T and the Garmin Nuvi 660.

Firstly, I actually live in SW France and in a very rural area. So rural, a friend with a Garmin (model unknown) was unable to locate me! Therefore I need good coverage for France as an essential requirement.

I'm shortly off on a trip to Holland, and would like to plan some 'waypoints' on the route, so would like a system that would allow several (if needed) to be inputted or deleted without having to re-calculate the entire journey. As a final must-have, I'd also want to have audible instructions with street naming, ie "turn right into rue de la whatsit".

Here's hoping ......

2. sneeks

sneeks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +630
    For full waypoint support the TomTom devices are a better choice than the Garmin products which AFAIK do not support multi-waypoints.

3. Accylad

Accylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +317
  4. Efkay

Efkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for taking the time to reply - looks like I can cross Garmin off my wish list!

5. Efkay

Efkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Accylad - well there's a model I didn't know of! I guess it's back to Google!!

6. andybike

andybike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry but the nuvi 660 supports upto 500 waypoints,check the garmin website:)