Sat Nav On PDA's

browner10

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking into purchasing a PDA with GPS on so as to have felxability with the unit. My question is what makes a good SAT NAV PDA? Is it the unit or the navigation software you use? Which gives the best results!

either built in gps unit to save carring extra bits
or bluetooth
decent spec will be best but most modern ones will work fine
most people use tomtom on pdas (prob because there is a lot of copies about) and it works fine for me
check the tomtom site for pda compatibility

Thanks for that! Don't want to spend silly money! Any recommendations? Which one do you use?

I'm looking into this too. I'd like a wifi capable device though. Any particular recs?

i had an acer n35 which was good as it has built in gps unit
i now have an iqaq rx3715 as it has built in wifi - but no gps unit so you need a seperate one
i dont often use it for sat nav now as ive got a tomtom go unit

i would recommend a mda vario type with a blue tooth gps (mda vario is also a mobile phone/pda/bt/wifi)

or

Mio A701 - PDA Phone/BT/GPS built in gps but no wifi depends whats more important to you...its gps for me i only carry one gadget with me now

For me wifis the priority. I can live with a bluetooth GPS unit in the car

What's the difference between the vario 1 and 2 models? Anything other than HSDPA support?

Is the vario 2 3G?

I can't see one at the mo less than about £140. Maybe more demand coming up to xmas

out of the price range but i've got an IPAQ HX2490 with bluetooth and wifi with TOM TOM Mobile 5 and its works brilliantly

I managed to get one. Do you know the best way to get it unlocked? People are selling software on Ebal for a few quid.

Also, do you know if a 3 SIM will work in it? (I'm not sure a 3G USIM will work in a 2G device)

The Fujitsu-Siemens Loox N520 is one of the best PDA's with built in satnav reciever their currently is, get the 560 if you want all the bells and whistles.
The built in reciever adds no bulk.

I managed to get one. Do you know the best way to get it unlocked? People are selling software on Ebal for a few quid.

Also, do you know if a 3 SIM will work in it? (I'm not sure a 3G USIM will work in a 2G device)

Which one did you get?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom