Sat-Nav Help

confusedguy

Standard Member
Right basicaly im a bit confused about what i should get. I have my eye on two garmin sat-nav's and comapring them, they are basicaly identical bar 1 feature. The map system's. One has Regional next to it while the other doesnt. What exactly does it mean when it has the "Regional" next to it.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Right basicaly im a bit confused about what i should get. I have my eye on two garmin sat-nav's and comapring them, they are basicaly identical bar 1 feature. The map system's. One has Regional next to it while the other doesnt. What exactly does it mean when it has the "Regional" next to it.
Usually Regional will be limited by country - as the above poster says... it could just be UK and Ireland maps, whereas the other option could be Europe included.

They uses to show it clearly on the entry level models by having a '5' or '0' as the second digit...

I.e. the 205 is UK and Ireland whereas the 255 is Europe

Garmin Nuvi 205 Satellite Navigation System - Newly Overhauled - Sat Nav: Amazon.co.uk

And

Garmin Nuvi 255 Satellite Navigation System with Full EU Mapping (Newly Overhauled) - Sat Nav: Amazon.co.uk

Other than that, they're identical.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom