SAT NAV DVD 5.1 Solution

khalilk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Dear all ,

I would like advice from you all regards a satnav + dvd solution with a 5.1 surround sound suitable for a car .. can you help please.

The car is a Jaguar xj8, 1998 model.

I have searched high and low on the net for possible solutions and as well as visited my local AV car shops .. the shops here dont have much experience but said they can do it.

I seen on the net pioneer unit that does sat nav and dvd single din but sound is in stereo only .. there are two add ons one is a pioneer DEQ 6600 ( i think) which is a DSP 5.1 with 50wx5 output ( sounds good) other option is a alpine similar device (not amped -- i may be wrong) has any one had use of these .. i am considering using the factory speakers in the car .. will need to add a centre speaker and was also contemplating chanding the rear speakers ( door) geting rid off the standrad mid range woffer with a six inch sub in the door.

please any one done this .. can any one share there thoughts please .. thanx .... regards .. KK

for the sat nav plus a 5.1 system there is only one manufacturer i would feel confident using and that is alpine. i have been in an alpine reps car and that was very impressive with a full dvd navigation system with a 6 disc dvd changer, 3 7" moniters ( one being the main disp unit in dash) and a proper 5.1 dd/dts amp and speaker system. if you have got the money you will see the benifits of getting alpine over some of the other brands

thanx for the reply ...

alpine is an option there is also pioneer which offer similar system. any one out there with pioneer experience or any other brands out which do sat nav dvd & 5.1 for car use ?

so what car was the alpine installed in ? did you try out any dvd software that tested the 5.1 capability ... was it good moving sound effects ?

I am considering one main controll screen unit up front with a flip down roof mount for the rear rather than in headrest .. this i think will be cheaper option freeing up cash for surround dsp unit or other stuff !

thanx again

the system was in a 3series bmw. we had a full demo of the sat nav and watched clips from 3-4 movies, obviously it wasn't as good as a home system but i would't complain if it was in my car. the pioneer is very good in respect that there is the one main unit + a small box for a complete sat nav and dvd, but for all the add on extras alpine beats them hands down

Hi, I have the Pioneer AVH P7500DVD , And i must say i love it.

The 5.1 on this unit sounds really nice.

I have had alpine before , but this is far better,, Sorry but i think it is.

I have the sat nav with it witch works great too.

Pic here.
8Kbd2WLck0uA.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom