Sat distribution issues...

Nikkiblack07

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum so please excuse my ignorance as a novice to this.....

Recently moved to a new house, and just had Sky+ HD installed in the lounge.... Purchased an I/O link from sky to send an RF2 signal to other rooms. I have used the existing cabling to the loft where an SLX6 distributer was fitted, after doing some research, discovered this was not compatable with a Sky magic eye so relaced with a SLX6B....

Now when i plug the cable from RF2 into the SLX6B i get no signal to the other rooms. But when i by-pass the SLX6B the picture is great and magic eye works.

HEEEELLLLP

Now when i plug the cable from RF2 into the SLX6B i get no signal to the other rooms. But when i by-pass the SLX6B the picture is great and magic eye works.

HEEEELLLLP

Make sure the SLX6B is at fault / check all connections/ leads etc.. - return it if faulty & get a Global F180 Professional 8 way distribution amplifier with TVLink magic eye power & rf return / this one comes with a 12vdc 500mA PSU.

Hi there,

thanks for the advice, i have already swapped the SLX6b for a SLX8b and have the same issue with both....

Perhaps silly questions.... but you are using the mains power supplies for these and checked power is ok in the loft? And you've checked you're using the UHF input?

Hi there,

thanks for the advice, i have already swapped the SLX6b for a SLX8b and have the same issue with both....

Global is just better - trust me, but you could still have another issue that still needs sorting out

Hi there, thanks for the advice so far.....

I even lose the signal when i try and use the below...
upload_2015-11-2_7-34-37.jpeg

I tried to connect the sat and tv signal and again lost the sat signal.....

ARRRGGGG

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-2_7-33-43.jpeg
    upload_2015-11-2_7-33-43.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 29
Hi there, thanks for the advice so far.....

I even lose the signal when i try and use the below...
View attachment 641434

I tried to connect the sat and tv signal and again lost the sat signal.....

ARRRGGGG

How did a satellite signal get into this and a combiner (SAT/RF diplexer)?

I'd set up the 'RF' distribution system up for RF only & test the outputs & keep the satellite separate for now, you can combine & split them but don't do that if you don't need to & maintaining the magic eye system successfully is not that straight-foreword.

Hi,

Appoligies, i assumed the Triax thing would allow me to combine the RF signal and the signal coming from my areial and send it to my bedroom tv..... as i said iam a novice at this....

Hi,

Appoligies, i assumed the Triax thing would allow me to combine the RF signal and the signal coming from my areial and send it to my bedroom tv..... as i said iam a novice at this....

It is doable, you do need 2 though, one to combine & one to split [or one & a wall plate that has a diplexer], but you will suffer a % of signal loss & added noise which may or may not be acceptable & the magic eye voltage & it's return rf won't survive & need otherwise handling if you want that (also doable but 2 coax runs will do sat + rf better/ cleaner etc).

Appoligies, i assumed the Triax thing would allow me to combine the RF signal and the signal coming from my areial

If you mean the RF output from the IO link combined with your aerial then you've got the wrong sort of combiner.... the one pictured is for RF and satellite, you want RF/TV and RF/TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom