Sat 3pm Premiership Games Live

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by cliocarl, Aug 29, 2005.

1. cliocarl

cliocarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just come back from Magalluf and in a pub there they had loads of screens with different premiership matches on each screen LIVE on a saturday - the 3pm kick offs, like chelsea v spurs, arsenal v fulham etc during the midweek they had the man city game on.

Just wondered if its possible to sort this out over here in England and if so how?

i have found this and wondered if anyone has tried or uses something like this:

http://www.satalogue.com/section1/page9.htm

2. TrevP

TrevP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone streaming/showing or says they can provide 3pm Premiership Games live in the UK is breaking copyright, and is in effect illegal.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Using CAMs and smartcards (legal or pirate) has for a long time allowed UK residents to watch Premiership footy without paying for SKY or Cable.

In some cases using a legit smartcard in the UK which is intended for an overseas market is exactly the same as using a SKY smartcard in Spain or France, technically illegal but not a big deal for the user although at corporate level it certainly is.
    No one will be breaking down your door and doing you for piracy however using the kit for public viewing is certainly a major issue with organisations funded by broadcasters making raids on pubs who use this sort of equipment.
    SKY's use of the pub symbol on their feeds is one action designed to make the spoting of illegal viewing in pubs/clubs easier.

4. Miss Muffin

Miss Muffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Its not as black and white as that.

5. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Read my thread below about foreign satellite in pubs.

6. dobermann

dobermann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the last 6-months SKY have been clamping down on pubs etc in the UK showing illegral screenings of live Premiership football matches licenced only to be shown abroad.

These "3pm" games are not licenced in the UK and SKY are now checking UK transmissions to track receivers. Letters threatening a £5000 fine have been issued. Having sent out the letters, SKY will now be looking to start prosecutions. BE WARNED.

7. simon 2003

simon 2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    there is a closed period in the uk,for sat footy at 3pm,although theres a fair few cases in the courts now,as stated not black and white at all,sly have threatened alot of landlords,and most are warned off,but if you buy a foreign sub legally in the UK(ART for example)how can they stop you ,ive watched saturday football for 10 years(i hate shoppin),with a dragon cam,and a little knowhow,in french usually,but with fivelive on the radio for english,near enough every match shown on french ,spanish providers,even the ones not on sly,sunderland tonight for example

the football special rec ,linked to by thread starter will just be a box using cardshareing,linked to a server in the far east,easier with a dragon,(king of cams)

8. speedymct

speedymct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    What's a dragon cam??? or am I just thick :)

9. daKlone

daKlone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here :confused:

As Simon says, if these Pubs (or you, for that matter) have a valid subscription to a channel with the rights to show these matches, what exactly has it got to do with Sky?

As far as I know, The Television Without Frontiers Directive (89/552/EEC) is specifically intended to allow exactly this to happen?

10. simon 2003

simon 2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    conditional access module m8,for non sly digi sat recs,its for subbed cards from the different euro providers,but also emulates so you can prog it simply to open french,spanish,portuguesee providers,it will even work with a sly UK card periodically,
    @daklone ,more to do with the prem league to enforce it m8,but sly have cancelled subs to pubs that show these foreign matches,its the 3pm closed period thats the issue,supposedly to keep attendences at games up,but its a big draw on a saturday,with some pubs emptying @2.30 to go to pubs that show the matches,so obviously landlords grassing each other up,think theres a test case due in court soon,should be interesting as sly clearly didnt want it to go that far

11. The_Censor

The_Censor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    This is in operation throughout the UK, upheld by the various football associations, and rightly so - If lazy square eye pseudo-footy fans aren't arsed enough to get out of their house/pub and into a football ground (the reason why it is banned incidently, to ensure attendances on 3pm Saturday are not reduced), then they don't deserve to see football on that day at that time in my opinion - Sky are ripping the arse out of it more and more anyway, showing live football right up until it is too late to get to a game, and a match directly after the final whistle so you couldn't get home and time to watch if you were coming home from a game.

PS Where I live in Northern Ireland, every town must have at least 5 bars showing these 3pm Premiership games, and it's helping to kill our own local Irish League which is already in an awful state. :(

12. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Having just applied for my Man City season ticket I can fully understand why some people don't fancy going to matches every Saturday... around £25-£30 a match is bloody expensive! Although I agree, if you can go to the match, it's much, much better than your TV :smashin:

13. dazzafact

dazzafact

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I would've thought anywhere other than new maine road would be great to watch the footie!!!:oops:

I tend to watch a lot of footie on the telly and read recently about a sat service from asia via france i think that offered most games for sub of about 50 quid a year! For me thats good, considering i pay 500 a year for the privelage now! God knows what i'll be paying when hd finally gets here!!:thumbsdow

14. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,147
  15. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    You don't even need a CAM, do you? A seventy quid Technomate TM1000D off eBay, provided somebody has spent three minutes loading one of D*rkm*n's files, will do nicely. Well, OK, you do need a dish that can get 13°E and 19.2°E but you'd get change from another £100.

16. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You don't need satellite, I can watch any game I want via Peer 2 Peer TV through my broadband connection.

Only problem is that the commentary is in Chinese :)