1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sarah McLachlan in concert - Fantastic

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Crocodile JD, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Did anyone elso go and see her, if so what did you think.

I thought she and her band were special, she is a brilliant piano and guitar player as well as an exquisite singer.

The only thing that disappointed me was that we (the audience) were a little reserved although Sarah did get a well deserved standing ovation at the end.

I saw her at the Birmingham Symphony Hall BTW on Sat 23rd Oct. It is a fantastic venue with its plush interior and well renound accustic control capabilities, but I not convinced that it is the best venue for rock gigs. The setting is far too comfortable for one thing, makes people stay on their bum too long :D and also the ambient lighting is a little too high, but anyway what did you think?

Croc

:clap: :clap: Well done Sarah

2. ff2001

ff2001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We went to see Sarah in Nottingham on the 25th. Excellent gig :smashin:

Been looking forward to see Sarah since the day the tour was annouced and I wasn't disappointed. Even converted the girlfriend, who is now a big fan too. It was a perfect start to a weeks holiday.

All the older tracks were covered (which i actually prefer: possession is my favorite) as well as the new stuff. Can't wait for the DVD later this month (maybe more so than halo2 :blush: )

Lee

3. Stephen J Jones

Stephen J Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw her in Bristol 27th. Absolutely stunning performance, both by Sarah and the band. Drove away from Bristol in a state of bliss, not caring about the storms or even if I was heading homewards or not.
    Another seated venue, and I do wish there'd been standing room. Although of course she does several slow songs, a lot of her material is so rhythmic it urges the audience to get moving. The sound at Colston Hall was very good too. Having seen the Finn Brothers at the weekend, in the glorified gym that is the Plymouth Pavilions, it was great to be in a venue made for artists and not basketball players. :rolleyes:
    My favourite track is Possession too, particularly the piano version.
    There's a dvd coming? What, of this tour/set?? Can't wait for that. When is it out, can anyone tell me?

4. ff2001

ff2001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Must admit that the piano version of possession is very haunting, its the first song that i heard from Sarah

At the gig there were leaflets advertising the afterglow tour( filmed in toronto over two nights) DVD coming out 13 November, but i have seen in on amazon for a Nov 6 release.

5. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I thought it was a real bonus that she did Silence, I enjoyed that, but one of my favourates is Fumbling Towards Ecstacy. I was waiting for the gem of a guitar break that is on Mirrorball, which didn't come, but never the less it was still superb. :thumbsup:

I've been playing all of my Sarah Mclachlan CDs * over and over since the concert. It's really drawn me into the music again.

* Fumbling Towards Ecstacy - Surfacing - Mirrorball - Afterglow (Inc. Bonus live CD)

I'd go see her again tomorrow if I could

Croc