sar wars battlefront 2 (PSP)

Darko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents

I want to get this game but am put off as my last FPS on the PSP was coded arms and the controls were terrible in my opinion, So has anyone played it yet and if so how do the controls work..??

Cheers Darko

Same as Coded Arms, I'm afraid, but it does handle a lot better. I have/had both. BF2 handles a lot smoother.

Definitely. If you liked Battlefront on the Xbox/PS2/Whatever, you'll enjoy this. It's really just a scaled down version. It'd be only a must buy though if you know someone else who has it.

Well in that case I will give it a go, I am sure you understand my feelings though as I still wake up with nightmares of coded arms.

Bought this game today, will be taking it back to Game tomorrow! :(

I got on well with Coded Arms, but I cannot get on with BF2. Loaded up the game, initial impressions were really good. The graphics are lovely, a true testiment to the PSP abilities, but I am finding the game WAY TOO hard. Maybe I am just crap, but this to me is just to hard to enjoy. How are other people finding it?

Hopefully I can change it for SSX?

Ian.

SSX rocks. A near perfect conversion.

Maybe sony should launch a PSP model 1.5 that has two analgue sticks? Come on are you really telling me that there is not the room, looks like it would fit to me? :lease:

I think that I will be giving my beloved FPS a miss from now on, on the PSP.

So today I bought BF2 for PSP and my wife bought RE4 for PS2, I know who made the right choice! :eek:

Here's looking forward to SSX. :smashin:

Ian.

I rented this at the weekend and sorry, but it doesnt translate to the small screen very well. Graphically its nice, sound its nice too, but it seems theres too much to squeeze onto a PSP screen

oh well looks like I am gonna have to give it a miss... I just want a decent FPS or a good beat em up......

The games (FPS) are decent. It's just the controls that mess things up. Battlefront is a great technical achievement and a good game. If the controls were better, it would be a must buy, but for my part, I have no problems with it, since everything is more or less at the same level so there's no need to look up and down most of the time.

chrislad said:
SSX rocks. A near perfect conversion.

i've been a huge fan of SSX series since day one. This game is excellent on the PSP, i can't put it down! IMO FPS don't work on PSP. I only play FPS on PC these days, you just can't beat a keyboard and mouse.

blue ;)

Having a PS2 also, I knew I would always end up with the dilema as to which platform to buy for.

I went for the PS2 one in the end as I think this type of title is more cinematic so benefits from a big screen.

It would also be nice to know just how cut down the PSP versions are. I'll be getting GTA as it's a game in its own right, but I wonder what the differences are on same titles on different platforms.

GTA is good on the PSP, but it's just not the same as the PS2/Xbox version. The gameplay is there, albeit fragmented by the load times which are about 5 to 10 seconds between cutscenes, entering buildings etc.

It's good, but it has shortcomings. I can't see it being a favourite in the long run.

I still stand by Everybodys Golf as the best PSP game out there.

chrislad said:
GTA is good on the PSP, but it's just not the same as the PS2/Xbox version. The gameplay is there, albeit fragmented by the load times which are about 5 to 10 seconds between cutscenes, entering buildings etc.

It's good, but it has shortcomings. I can't see it being a favourite in the long run.

I still stand by Everybodys Golf as the best PSP game out there.

GTA is very good, but yeah, EG is superb!!

Got SSX on tour, the verdict. . . . . . Awesome! Really good port. :clap: :smashin:

Also, really good soundtrack.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom