Sapphire X1600PRO HDMI

trifin

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had this card for a couple of weeks and I have now uninstalled it.

The main problem is that this card would not behave correctly with my Panasonic TX-32LXD52. I don't have another to display to test so maybe it is isolated to this panel...

When I put the tv in standy or turned it off and then turned it back on the pc would no longer display until i rebooted. After a while this turned very nasty whereby I could not longer boot into windows. I had to reset the mobo bios inorder to get windows to post.

I beleive that this is a similar problem that effected ati cards and dvi to hdmi. This was fixed in a driver release. I guess in time they will fix this hdmi to hdmi issue.....

It is also noteworthy that ATI provides support for Sapphire cards - they do not provide support directly. However this card is not certified by ati - when buying an ati card check if it says 'graphics by ATI' or 'certified by ATI' - certified means they have actually checked and will provide support.... 'graphics by' means ATI don't support it and you will have to deal with Sapphire's web support...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3259878#post3259878

Hi there. After you read the above and following posts from me would there be ANY WAY that you would be feeling inclined to potentially lend this card to someone briefly (cough me) to do some testing with regards to compatability issues with the TX26LXD60 pannys? I have put so much time and effort in to this but am loathed to buy yet another card to test, especially when I would buy online and then have a mare trying to return it :(. I know it's a hell of a favour to ask to be honest but worth a go and if you don't ask etc etc.

Cheers,

Nick :).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom